SiouxSports.com Forum

There's a new Doug Flutie

nodakvindy

There is a big difference here. Eddie belfour actually played college hockey for ND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and it's not the new doug flutie.....HE'S THE NEW RAYMOND Q BOURQUE!!!!! F--- boston, F the gophers and F denver tomorrow night!! LET"S GO SIOUX!!!

Eddie Belfour can't be Doug Flutie because he didn't do two things that Flutie did. First, Belfour didn't make the greatest play in college hockey--Flutie's hail mary. Secondly, Belfour didn't win the Hobey--Flutie won the Heisman.

Eddie Belfour can't be Doug Flutie because he didn't do two things that Flutie did.  First, Belfour didn't make the greatest play in college hockey--Flutie's hail mary.  Secondly, Belfour didn't win the Hobey--Flutie won the Heisman.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they are both washed up athletes now anyways. plus, eddie won a national championship on the hockey team that is playing.

I'm glad I didn't ever even think of going to NDSU! I wonder if they are still watchin to  see if their softball team makes the ESPN ticker!?!?! I love the Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did they beat the Division 1A powerhouse South Dakota School for the Blind?

Heck, Belfour has looked that way since he left the Sioux, and given his build and style many doubted he would star in the NHL. You just never know with goalies as many of them have played some of their best hockey into their Forties. Johnny Bower did it with Toronto in the sixties and helped them win a Stanley Cup. If their joints and reflexes hold up they can play alot longer than the skaters.

But Belfour did offer a security guard a million dollars to let him go.  :lol:  Plus, Belfour made a clip saying that he hoped UND would open up a can of whoop a$$ on the Gophers.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it was a billion dollars he offered him, which made it all the more funny.

Anybody thought that Belfore could have dressed up a little better than that grey sweatshirt??  Why not a throwback jersey or something.  Something that didn't scream out of shape fat guy.  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OUCH!!! That was harsh. But I agree, where was his SIOUX jersey?

WOW-HOW COOL WAS THAT? Eddie might not be Doug Flutie, but how fired up did you get when Eddie Belfour is pumping his fist after a great save on Smaggard. Personal opinion but that save was the difference in the game.

WOW-HOW COOL WAS THAT?  Eddie might not be Doug Flutie, but how fired up did you get when Eddie Belfour is pumping his fist after a great save on Smaggard.  Personal opinion but that save was the difference in the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought for sure you would be down in Columbus with the group?!?!

I have the hottest coolest wife with 3 children that just got back from Florida a couple weeks ago,that's trying to figure a way to get there. We just talked to some friends that are there, we got to figure this deal out.