SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

If the Sioux are fortunate enough to play CC in the title game I like our chances...More so than if we had to play Denver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if you can say getting to play the winner of the CC-DU matchup is fortunate. :angry:

I think this time of year the team that brings it's A game is going to win regardless of who they play. Make too many mistakes and all these teams will make you pay.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Sue, you've made it much farther than anyone guessed at mid-season. But it's time for a reality check. The one factor no one on this board has mentioned is experince. Gophers have played in two of the last three frozen fours, the Sue, zilch, as in no players with frozen four experince. I agree, the team that comes out storngest will win big, but I see the Sue havbing the jitters and The Gophs taking things in stride. Also, we're battle tested with two overtime vicotires. The sue coasted in rounds one and two. I think we may be mentally better preparied to grind and fight out every minute.

GO GOPHERS!

Here's to THE WCHA!

I think we may be mentally better preparied to grind and fight out every minute.

Here's to THE WCHA!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, Hirsch is mentally prepared and Vanilla sure knows how to fight. It was apparent to everyone at the start of the season and two weeks ago. :angry:

Said it before if you are looking for a warm and fuzzy regarding your team you have come to the wrong site.

Go Sioux

Well, I cheered as hard as any "rodent" fan for Minnesota yesterday to see all four slots filled by WCHA schools! I say, drop the puck! It should be a great game.

Euruziioneee (sp? :angry: ) is probably steaming, trying to spin this one in favor of Hockey Least... :lol:

Anyway, it will be a great Frozen Four!

WOW!  This is gonna be one great FF!  ALL WCHA!  HA!  Screw you HE!  What do you think Euruzioni(sp) is trying to spin off this?  ;)

Anyway, no trash talking form me here.  Good teams make it to the FF regardless of who they play, where they play or what their record is. 

I would love to see the Gophs beat UND there, but I will wait and see which team wins.  All the opinions on the message boards in the world will NOT change the outcome of the game.

I WILL say this tho, from what I heard from a GOPHER fan, JPar off the ice is ONE CLASS ACT!

Drop the puck!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if you can say getting to play the winner of the CC-DU matchup is fortunate. :angry:

I think this time of year the team that brings it's A game is going to win regardless of who they play. Make too many mistakes and all these teams will make you pay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is fortunate when we matched-up better with CC than we did Denver during the two previous series this year.. :lol:

Congrats Sue, you've made it much farther than anyone guessed at mid-season. But it's time for a reality check. The one factor no one on this board has mentioned is experince. Gophers have played in two of the last three frozen fours, the Sue, zilch, as in no players with frozen four experince. I agree, the team that comes out storngest will win big, but I see the Sue havbing the jitters and The Gophs taking things in stride. Also, we're battle tested with two overtime vicotires. The sue coasted in rounds one and two. I think we may be mentally better preparied to grind and fight out every minute.

GO GOPHERS!

Here's to THE WCHA!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks piZZstar...I guess we should just hand it over now then huh?

Classy shot at Hirsh. You're a great fan. I'm sure the Sioux are proud to have you in their stands.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I come here to read about Sioux hockey, not some team who only managed 3 goals in regulation during their last four games. :angry:

Gophers have played in two of the last three frozen fours, the Sue, zilch, as in no players with frozen four experince.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to be technical, I believe Quinn Fylling might have some Frozen 4 experience. He was a freshman in 2000-01, but I don't know whether he dressed in the two frozen 4 games that year.

GO GOPHERS!

Here's to THE WCHA!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Psst...trash-talker: Quinn Fylling Check out what he was doing the 2000-2001 series.

I actually don't think the overtime wins mean as much as you think they do...one could say that it means the Sioux had less struggles with highly competitive teams :angry:

I would maybe even believe your theory about having jitters...if this wasn't a team we have played three times already this season.

Okay, lets talk about two of the last three national titles?

Come on guys, I'm not saying the Sue have no shot, but it's not a cake walk for them, nor the gophers. i think the intensity will be excellent, but the "x" factors fall in favor of the Gophers. Your best chances are physical play and a better goal tender.

Okay, lets talk about two of the last three national titles?

Come on guys, I'm not saying the Sue have no shot, but it's not a cake walk for them, nor the gophers. i think the intensity will be excellent, but the "x" factors fall in favor of the Gophers. Your best chances are physical play and a better goal tender.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks pizzstar...I think you have more posting to do on Gophersuxlive.com about Sioux fans drinking KoolAid don't ya? Run along now... :angry:

GO GOPHERS!

Here's to THE WCHA!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am certainly going to take your well reasoned post to heart, particularly with your spelling ability. You should at least wait until evening before drinking another bottle of Thunderbird. :angry:

GO GOPHERS!

Here's to THE WCHA!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess the goofers have some experience in the Frozen Four, but you're playing a team with 9 or 10 seniors on it boy. I think the experience factor and maturity level dips heavily in favor of the Sioux. They did not look at all nervous in the East Regional, while the goofers struggled to score a goal or 2 on home ice - the so-called big ice. It's all about who's playing well now, not what they did 2 or 3 years ago. And the NC is on NHL regulation ice. Our D will be laying some smack on those little rodents. Go Sioux!

Boy... Can you feel the love for my GPL web site? :angry:

This could get ugly in the next 10 days....

BUT....

I'm really looking forward to all of the propaganda from both sides... Then we get to listen to one of the teams fans shove it on the others face when their team wins. Along with the typical excuses on the other side.

This will be fun!!!

Boy... Can you feel the love for my GPL web site?  :angry:

This could get ugly in the next 10 days....

BUT....

I'm really looking forward to all of the propaganda from both sides... Then we get to listen to one of the teams fans shove it on the others face when their team wins. Along with the typical excuses on the other side.

This will be fun!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh we just love it when a bandwagon fan comes over here - signs up same day and posts pro-Gopher gibberish...

How soon these bandwagon fans forget the 23 year drought.... :lol:

I guess the goofers have some experience in the Frozen Four, but you're playing a team with 9 or 10 seniors on it boy.  I think the experience factor and maturity level dips heavily in favor of the Sioux.  They did not look at all nervous in the East Regional, while the goofers struggled to score a goal or 2 on home ice - the so-called big ice.  It's all about who's playing well now, not what they did 2 or 3 years ago.  And the NC is on NHL regulation ice.  Our D will be laying some smack on those little rodents.  Go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the experience factor and the senior factor are both overrated. This game will be decided by who plays better. I felt the Gophers were the better team during the regular season for about 6.5-7 of the nine periods. What did it get them? One easy win and two decisive losses.

The Sioux's best players Genoway/Stafford and Zajac were dominant in Boston, if they can continue those efforts they will be very difficult to beat.

The same can be said for the Gophers. If Briggs has returned to form and the only have one breakdown defensively on the weekend, they will have a good shot at winning the title.

Let the games begin, I am sure there will be plenty of Goofer fans signing up here for the first time in the coming days just like PissStar to try and rattle peoples cages. Ignore is the best method of making these type of punks go away.

Oh we just love it when a bandwagon fan comes over here - signs up same day and posts pro-Gopher gibberish...

How soon these bandwagon fans forget the 23 year drought.... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... I completely understand that. At least I have been registered here since Jan 2003, I don't post much though... My site was a nice and quiet place where most of the people had their head on straight.... Then POI shut down and you can pretty much figure out the rest.

Here's the deal.... No one knows what is going to happen. I don't care what any of the Gopher or Sioux fans say. There are so many variables that it is just too hard to predict. Which Minnesota team will show up? (November? or January?) Who are the refs and how tight will they call the game? Can Parise keep standing on his head? What about Hirsch's head? Can the Sioux keep their momentum? Can the Gophers score? Etc... Etc... Etc...