SiouxSports.com Forum

Charter

cfm567b27

I just spoke to Al Pearson. While he thinks that he now has filled two buses leaving from Grand Forks, if you want to get on his waiting list, you can call him at 701-775-5565 (work) or 701-775-6859 (home). He doesn't know which hotel we'll be staying at in Columbus but wanted me to correct my previous post to say that the overnight stop-over is Peru, Illinois, not Peoria. He's still looking at pricing of less than $500, even when you include room. He won't know until tomorrow whether the route would take us through the Cities where additional passengers could be taken on. The bus would leave Grand Forks at 6 a.m. Wedmesday, Apr. 6. That's all I know except that, if history repeats itself, going with Al's Pals is going first class on an economy budget.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al must be busier than a one armed paper hanger!

In any event Nancy from the Alumni office just called me back. The UND Alumni charters are only flying out of Grand Forks. Maybe some of you knew that maybe you didn't. Only chance for air charter out of Grand Forks is with the Gopher Charter which she gave me the number for....651-748-0080. Would be one heck of a flight with a bunch of Gopher fans jawing at you all the way to Columbus! It is really the only "charter" option out of Minneapolis outside of if Pierson's bus stops here. Unless I can convince my boss to let me use our company aircraft..then I can take 1 possibly two of you with me....

Anybody want to give a flat-a$$ broke college student $1,000 bucks so that I can make the trip to Columbus?  :D

Consider it an investment in the Sioux fan base for the run at our EIGHTH.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to get yourself a sign and stand out on I29....

They were going to have a second charter thru Creative Charter out of MSP. It is actually the Gopher charter out of MSP and the seats that the Gophs didn't take by 1pm today was going to be opened up to the Sioux fans. That plane is supposed to also be returning Sat night.

Nevermind...creativecharters.com.  I just called for some more info.  Thanks though for the 4-1-1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey MafiaMan . . . . That new avatar isn't implying that you're gonna be walking to Columbus, does it? Sure wish we coulda hooked on a road trip. You'd be a fun guy to road trip with, eh?

Good luck on the charter, the Baptism, and see you in Columbus.

Sure would be nice if there was a bus chartered out of the cities, you'd think we could get enough Sioux fans from this area to make the trip work.  Anyone have any ideas, leads?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We plan to drive from the cities, I figure its about 10-11 hours. We could have a caravan down to Colombus. I plan to depart St. Paul around noon on Wed the 6th. I also have been getting the runaround from REA, they have lists and are holding out on giving out any tickets until they can see if they can do another charter. Last I heard they were also having trouble finding hotel rooms there.

Anyone thought about Champion Air doing a charter out of MSP?

Actually,

I'm not even sure why everyone on this board thinks the Alumni Assoc. is overcharging. Consider for a moment that I've done just as much looking into finding something other than the charter to 'get er done'.

If you want to see the afternoon game you almost have to leave on wed. Ok so there are a couple of 7am-10am flights so you'd make the game, that you won't get on cuz their booked now, but I digress.

Consider two adults:

Flight $450 per, $900 total (if you don't want to drive somewhere to get to a flight)

Hotel $300 for three nights

Tickets $300 for two packages (good luck getting the same quality seats for less or even the same amount on ebay)

Let's say that's roughly $1200 for two if you think you could do better and $1500 if we go by my estimates. (for the record I had my trip pretty much all aligned at just under $1600 2flights/4nights/2tics then chose to do the charter)

Most everyone here is denigrating the AA for gouging when in all fairness it's a good deal. The Maine trip package last fall was $800 for two games, three nights lodging and a couple of token bus trips. This one with tickets is $843 for the Frozen Four.

Oh, and I don't work with Mark or Jeff so don't go there.