SiouxSports.com Forum

Charter

cfm567b27

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Al Pierson will be doing his charter trip to Colombus?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would listen to KFAN in the morning on Monday. I am sure that Tim and Swig will have something on a charter.

Could someone please post any charter information, if anything is announced in the morning?

Thanks.

BTW, found airline tix on www.hotwire.com for $250 from MSP with a Sunday night stay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hotwire is a good one and also try www.site59.com which is a last minute package deal site....Airfare is usually on NWA so that bodes well if you are in the Cities..

siouxguyinstpaul--

When we went to Providence in '00 (I didn't make the '01 Albany trip), we left GF about midnight on a bus to MSP, then hopped a plane for Boston, where a bus was waiting to take us to our hotel & the games. I left a message for Al yesterday that I wanted on THE LIST and that he should call me as soon as he knows the plan. When I know something, I'll e-mail you.

siouxguyinstpaul--

When we went to Providence in '00 (I didn't make the '01 Albany trip), we left GF about midnight on a bus to MSP, then hopped a plane for Boston, where a bus was waiting to take us to our hotel & the games.  I left a message for Al yesterday that I wanted on THE LIST and that he should call me as soon as he knows the plan.  When I know something, I'll e-mail you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great - thank you

I justed called REA and talked to a lady named Barb. They are currently putting together a charter for the FF. She told me the package would include airfare, hotel and tickets you can call and get on the list if you wish to. 777-4078.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did they have any idea on the cost?

I justed called REA and talked to a lady named Barb. They are currently putting together a charter for the FF. She told me the package would include airfare, hotel and tickets you can call and get on the list if you wish to. 777-4078.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

airfare for a charter? I thought the charter was going to be bus - seems like a bus would be alot cheaper, which is important for a poor college guy like me :angry:

Did they have any idea on the cost?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope...just talked to Barb. It is being setup through the Alumni folks...would be a charter flight from Grand Forks and possibly stopping in the Cities. They aren't really sure about anything yet. You can however put your name on a list which is advisable at this point in case they fill things up quickly.

Nope...just talked to Barb. It is being setup through the Alumni folks...would be a charter flight from Grand Forks and possibly stopping in the Cities. They aren't really sure about anything yet. You can however put your name on a list which is advisable at this point in case they fill things up quickly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a poor college student...I probably can't afford it. I should put together my own charter :lol: ...My jeep hold four :angry:

I am a poor college student...I probably can't afford it. I should put together my own charter :lol: ...My jeep hold four :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought about driving too but considering the price of gas and the fact that it is a 16+ hour drive you might want to wait and see what the cost is first....just my opinion.

I am a poor college student...I probably can't afford it. I should put together my own charter ;) ...My jeep hold four :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now you are talkin!! :angry: Seriously, I am all for it - bus or a roadtrip all the way! Over spring break this year I did a New Orleans roadtrip with 2 other buddies - we drove over 3500 miles, great times ;)

I thought about driving too but considering the price of gas and the fact that it is a 16+ hour drive you might want to wait and see what the cost is first....just my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you split it between 4+ people its alot cheaper than airfare. Of course it just all depends on how much you are willing to pay and how much time you have available - for some it makes sense to fly, for others driving is best.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing. I guess it will depend on how much the UND charter is. But if I can get 3 other poor college students, we could probalby make it cheaper. Wasn't the Maine charter something like $900 a person??

Just talked to Al Pearson. What he is planning is to take two buses, leave Wednesday, Apr. 6 at 6 a.m., drive to Peoria, Illinois (get there about dinner time) and spend the night. Then, drive into Columbus in time for the afternoon game on Thursday. That price would be $200 for the bus, $140 for tickets, rooms extra. A plane charter is also being planned as mentioned in this thread but Al wouldn't abandon the bus idea unless the all-inclusive price (including rooms) for the charter flight is $500 or less and right now, he doesn't have a price for the charter package. He said he'd call me back later today.

Just talked to Al Pearson.  What he is planning is to take two buses, leave Wednesday, Apr. 6 at 6 a.m., drivie to Peoria, Illinois (get there about dinner time) and spend the night then drive into Columbus in time for the afternoon game on Thursday. That price would be $200 for the bus $140 for tickets, rooms extra.  A plane charter is also being planned as mentioned in this thread but Al wouldn't abandon the bus idea unless the all-inclusive price (including rooms) for the charter flight is $500 or less and right now, he doesn't have a price for the charter package.  He said he'd call me back later today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks YandA ...Assume you will post your comments after hearing back from Al? Much appreciated.