SiouxSports.com Forum

Charter

cfm567b27

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you are talkin!!  :angry:  Seriously, I am all for it - bus or a roadtrip all the way!  Over spring break this year I did a New Orleans roadtrip with 2 other buddies - we drove over 3500 miles, great times  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some friends of mine and I did the same thing on our way to Phoenix. We drove straight through taking turns sleeping and driving. We turned a trip that had once taken us 3-4 days into a 27 hour drive. Half the fun of trips is getting there and nothing beats a road trip!

From the UND Alumni web page:

A Frozen Four charter package is available through the UND Alumni Association. Choices include the Holiday Inn-West, Columbus, Ohio for $699 or the Crown Plaza-Downtown, Columbus, Ohio for $834, which is the official Fighting Sioux Hockey Team hotel.

Both packages include: airfare, meal on flights, 3-night hotel stay at your choice of location, fan party, and ground transportation.

$699 per person PLUS $144 for the ticket package? I guess you do get meals in-flight, though.

Looks like Hotwire.com is still the way to go. Hopefully I can get things to fall into place.

:angry:

From the UND Alumni web page:

$699 per person PLUS $144 for the ticket package? I guess you do get meals in-flight, though.

Looks like Hotwire.com is still the way to go. Hopefully I can get things to fall into place.

:angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clayton...I spoke to Barb today and this trip is not the Al Pierson charter..This is separate in case you weren't aware. I understand Al is setting up his own charter. That would be the one to go on based on past experience.

CHARTER FLIGHT INFO: The Herald reports two packages through the alumni center, price varying depending on hotel. The prices quoted are $699 at Holiday Inn-West or $834 at the apparently more upscale Crown Plaza-Downtown, the team's hotel. Those prices include airfare, room and ground transportation but not game tickets. Game tickets are $144 extra and, according to the Herald, must be purchased in packages of three. The flight leaves GFK on Wednesday, April 6 at 6 p.m.

BUS TRIP INFO: I haven't heard back from Al Pearson since I posted yesterday but since the Alumni Center price for flight is sky-high, I believe the bus charter arranged by Al is still a go. The bus trip price is $200 for transportation, $140 (that's what he said) for tickets, rooms extra. The bus will leave GFK at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Apr. 6, drive to Peoria, IL, and stop for the night then drive into Columbus the next day in time for the DU v. CC game. I have a contact number for Al so if you'd like to make the trip, on the cheap like me, send me a PM and I'll give you his number.

Is there another female Sioux hockey fan who would like to go on the air charter that would consider sharing a room at the Holiday Inn? I'm 42, married, and have other friends going that I'll hang out with so it's just the rooming thing that I need help with.

Go Sioux!!!!!!

Is there another female Sioux hockey fan who would like to go on the air charter that would consider sharing a room at the Holiday Inn?  I'm 42, married, and have other friends going that I'll hang out with so it's just the rooming thing that I need help with. 

Go Sioux!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a male, single, enjoy walks on the beach, and long talks, I'll share a room :):D

Is there another female Sioux hockey fan who would like to go on the air charter that would consider sharing a room at the Holiday Inn?  I'm 42, married, and have other friends going that I'll hang out with so it's just the rooming thing that I need help with. 

Go Sioux!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The alum $600. trip is sold out. There are a few $834 pkgs available. It would be cheaper to go on the bus if we can get on esp since he has tickets. Or we could drive to MPLS and buy a hotel $ flight pkg for a lot cheaper. We would need to get tickets elsewhere unless you already have yours. Oh, I'm female and hetero, your husband can relax :)

FYI

From this morning... I heard the bus trips had only 24 seats available, and pricing with hotel would be just shy of $500.00.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can I get on the list? The bus and hotel are around $500, does he also have tickets or do we get those elsewhere. I may be going by myself, I don't mind sitting with strangers if they're wearing the right colors but to be surrounded by Gophers, Pioneers and Tigers might be dangerous. I'm a bit loud when cheering for my team.

How can I get on the list? The bus and hotel are around $500,  does he also have tickets or do we get those elsewhere.  I may be going by myself, I don't mind sitting with strangers if they're wearing the right colors but to be surrounded by Gophers, Pioneers and Tigers might be dangerous.  I'm a bit loud when cheering for my team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The $500 would include the tickets. ESPNInsider will keep you company. :)

Here's a different travel tip:

Fly out of Omaha, NE on Southwest Airlines. Omaha is a 7 hour drive from Grand Forks. I booked 4 tickets out on Thursday morning returning on Sunday. Cost per ticket was $287. I booked 3 nights hotel at the Holiday in Columbus West for $90 per night, this is the same hotel offered by the plane charter. Add in one night stay in Omaha (because flight leaves very early Thursday) $100. Total cost for 4 was $1520 or about $380 each. Beats a 20 drive. Also, if you are willing to wait and leave on Monday you can save $100 per plane ticket, but have an extra hotel night in Columbus.