SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. UND Tilt

SIOUX99

The Sioux looked sharp defensively this evening against BU. I think Parise will come up huge again against BC and send the Sioux to Columbus! BC better come loaded for Bear, because they sure in the H#LL aint playing Mercyhurst on Saturday! :)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with BC's team speed when I watched them against Mercyhurst today. But maybe they just looked fast because the Lakers aren't.

I'd really like to see the Sioux pay back the Eagles for the 1999 NCAA playoff loss BC put on UND.

Staying out of the penalty box will be key.

Glad somebody started this thread.

I'm nervous and here's why. BC barely got by Mercyhurst even though BC had their players back. I think they'll come back stronger tomorrow night.

Also, they were able to watch our game since we were the late game. I doubt Hakstal let our players watch.

I think we can win, but penalties and playing the defensive game will be key. I hate the DU/UW style, but that is what will be needed to win.

if we keep up the D that we played tonight we will will have a great chance to win. time for a ncaa payback from the 2001 title game.....play physical and keep the puck moving....would love to visit columbus.....go sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bc did not look that great earlier. mercyhurst gave it all and bc did not play like they should have...they are talanted but so are we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC is banged up, Eaves and Gionta didn't look 100%.

I haven't seen enough of BC to tell if they played down to today's opponent, or if that was how they play all year. Mercyhurst was hard-working, but had nowhere near the skills of a HEA or WCHA team ... they would have been a distant 11th in the WCHA. BC gift-wrapped the game, set it on a platter, and MH failed to take advantage.

That said, I expect BC to be ready to play tomorrow.

(... and here I thought I was the only one who remembered the '99 Regional Final. Mostly I remember Panzers & Co trying to skate thru a forest of sticks. They would have drawn 50 penalties a game under the new rules. )

I continue to like our chances and this bracket. (its not a cakewalk, but it beats the heck out of any of the other 3 regionals.)

BC did not show up for tonights game, they will most likely be prepared for tomorrow. I dont think we should look at tonights performance by BC as an indication of their team. They are a good team but if we play like we did tonight I see no reason why we shouldnt win, but it will be a close game. 2-1 or 3-1 Sioux in my opinion. Hopefully we dont take 10 penalties again, I think our players are realizing what is being called (everything! and then a lot of nothings!).

quote from BC fan from their boards:

"It was enjoyable watching BU get pimp-slapped like a cheap hooker tonight by the Sioux. The Sioux dominated in every way managable and looked like a formidable foe for BC tomorrow. But they don't look like the Russian Red Army team either. We can take them. They cycled all over BU like it was nobody's business. They have good skill guys and other than their cycling (which was so good they had numerous shifts that they cycled so badly BU never touched the puck until they had to change lines... and they just stopped cycling, gave the puck to BU, and changed lines because they were so tired from cycling for a minute and a half.) was their positioning. They were almost always in position all night long. We're going to have to generate offense by beating someone one on one or fast transition game."

It appears that although they are still confident (as are we incidentally) that we proved v. BU tonight that BC won't be able to slip by us like they did against MH...and they know it too. Its gonna be a good game and I am looking forward to it!

I really wish we could be at this game.  I know one chant I'd be belting out in full force for Cory Schneider;

BELARUS!  BELARUS!  BELARUS!   :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely, I can't wait to see if Pripich whispers that one in Scheider's ear a few times.

BC is a lot better team than BU. They have a much better PP, with a ton of speed across all four lines.

The Sioux are in big trouble if they give up a ton of PP's - namely because of that 6-7 235lb wall they park in front of the goalie. The best way to play against a hot goalie is to take away is sight.

If the Sioux can keep it 5x5 they should be able to wear them down like they did to BU last night. The key is to get the lead early.

My prediction - if the Sioux get the early lead and give up 5 or less pp's they will win. If not, they are going to be in trouble.

Some sweet tape to tape passing out of our zone to the odd man rush should do the trick. Just like they did against UMD in the first round at home. Tape to tape puck in net. The meat grinder they had going last night cycling the puck should wear BC out. Score on the resulting power plays when they start to wear down.

Deliver the checks, but stay out of the box. On to the FF!

BC is a lot better team than BU.  They have a much better PP, with a ton of speed across all four lines. 

The Sioux are in big trouble if they give up a ton of PP's - namely because of that 6-7 235lb wall they park in front of the goalie.  The best way to play against a hot goalie is to take away is sight. 

If the Sioux can keep it 5x5 they should be able to wear them down like they did to BU last night.  The key is to get the lead early. 

My prediction - if the Sioux get the early lead and give up 5 or less pp's they will win.  If not, they are going to be in trouble.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly, I don't think there is all the much difference between the B.C. Eagles and the BU Terriers. BU beat B.C. twice this season. UND has played the best conpetition in the nation by being the WCHA. HEA is not where nears as strong as the WCHA. That being said I wouldn't be surprised to see UND win the the regional final, UND is playing great hockey and are being driven by emotion. Don't listen to they hype of the B.C. fans they are almost as obnoxious as UofM and UofW fans combined. A win gets UND another shot at the cocky team DU that has beaten them 4 games in a row.