SiouxSports.com Forum

You are the committee

sprig

That is one cool tool. I've been looking for scenarios where UND fails to make the NCAA tournament, and I haven't found any yet. Some are close though. The worst case for UND is losing to Wisconsin, which would swing the Wisconsin comparison permanently in Bucky's favor, and hurt UND's RPI and TUC record.

Comparisons UND currently wins, which could flip:

UNH - The TUC comparison is very close. A UNH win flips this.

Colgate - Colgate winning the ECAC tournament would boost its RPI and flip this.

OSU - The TUC and RPI components are in question. OSU can flip this if it wins the CCHA tourney. Oddly enough, I think UND will flip the Michigan comparison and win it if it loses the OSU comparison.

Comparisons UND has won (Barring an odd effect of a peripheral event (always possible for PWR) I think UND has put these comparisons to bed. Even if the team in question won its tournament, it still wouldn't flip the comparison):

Maine

Dartmouth

Vermont

Michigan St.

Lowell

Northern Mich.

I'm not a PWR expert, so any input from someone who is would be welcomed. I haven't looked at the upside to see which comparisons UND could flip in its favor, but I'm sure there are some possibilities.

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I think UND's in.

1 [AQ] Colorado College (CC)

2 Denver (DU)

3 [AQ] Michigan (Mi)

4t Cornell (Cr) 23

4t Boston College (BC) Qn

4t Minnesota (Mn)

7 [AQ] New Hampshire (NH) Qn

8 [AQ] Harvard (Ha)

9 North Dakota (ND)

10t Maine (Me)

10t Ohio State (OS)

12 Boston University (BU)

13 Wisconsin (Wi)

23t [AQ] Bemidji State (BS)

28 [AQ] Quinnipiac (Qn) 1 .4741

Here is what I cam up with.

I did everything as bad as I could for UND such as Vermont winning their tournament and Northern Michigan winning theres and Maine winning and I had UND losing to Wisc. and UND was ninth at the end. But of course Vermont and Northern Michigan would take spots from the 12 or 13 in the Pairwise. I think it looks good for Sioux fans.

SIOUX CAN STILL GET A #1 SEED!!

Can you believe it? I didn't until I ran enough numbers.

IF:

* everything runs according to form, except,

* Sioux win WCHA (duh)

* Gophers lose twice

* Michigan loses twice

* Cornell loses twice

A little motivation never hurts ...

YATC is a great tool.

SIOUX CAN STILL GET A #1 SEED!!

Can you believe it?  I didn't until I ran enough numbers.

IF:

*  everything runs according to form, except,

*  Sioux win WCHA (duh)

*  Gophers lose twice

*  Michigan loses twice

*  Cornell loses twice

A little motivation never hurts ...

YATC is a great tool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think the Sioux would get that lucky, but after everybody running calculations to figure out how many different ways it could be bad for the Sioux and nobody's has figured out any way of the Sioux not making the tournament, I would say its pretty safe to say that you're in, its all now just a matter of where you go and who is going to be in the same barn with you.

Does anyone know what time on sunday they announce the brackets and what channel will it be on.  Last year I think it was on ESPN NEWS or was it ESPN2.

I looked on their website and couldnt find anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to insidecollegehockey.com (an espn partner), the selection show will be at 11 a.m.(i assume eastern time) on sunday morning on espn2.

According to insidecollegehockey.com (an espn partner), the selection show will be at 11 a.m.(i assume eastern time) on sunday morning on espn2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And yet again I'm sure it will be BU's color guy doing the commentary and not knowing a thing about anyone outside of Hockey East.