SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations Brian Lee!

The Sicatoka

This is fantastic news.  Does anyone know how often a D-Man has won it in the past?  In most other leagues including the NHL it is a rare feat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's the 16th ranked NA player for the upcoming draft. Interesting to see where he'll go.

Once again, like Zach and Drew, I'll be praying Minnesota and the NY Rangers don't draft him (no offense Wild fans and PCM)

I hope Lee turns out to be better than Kessel.  Wouldn't that just tick the Gopher fans off?  Haha that would be sweet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be great. Just like that highly touted guy they had a couple of year ago that turned out to lay an egg.......lets see I think his name was Spehar.

That would be great. Just like that highly touted guy they had a couple of year ago that turned out to lay an egg.......lets see I think his name was Spehar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate the Gophers but Kessel is no Spehar. The Gophers landed a great recruit. Of course, he won't win any championships with the Gophers on probation for his 1 or 2 years, for certain unnamed recruiting violations. :lol::lol:

I highly doubt anyone will be comparing Lee with Kessell. For one thing it's awfully difficult to compare a defenseman to a forward. Secondly, Kessell should be beyond the normal top end recruit, like Parise was. Kessell has been tested against a much different and higher level of competition than Spehar was and has been consistently successful. Any hope that he will "tank" in D1 play seems absurd to me.

I highly doubt anyone will be comparing Lee with Kessell.  For one thing it's awfully difficult to compare a defenseman to a forward.  Secondly, Kessell should be beyond the normal top end recruit, like Parise was.  Kessell has been tested against a much different and higher level of competition than Spehar was and has been consistently successful.  Any hope that he will "tank" in D1 play seems absurd to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think they are listening to us, dagies. :lol:

Congrats to Brian Lee. Cant wait to see #22 wearing GREEN. I hope he is a second or 3rd rounder (being selfish) then maybe he will be here longer then 2 years. The best thing he should to me was dedication by staying at Moorhead to try and win with his buddies. Congrats MR. Minnesota

Congrats to Brian Lee.  Cant wait to see #22 wearing GREEN.  I hope he is a second or 3rd rounder (being selfish)  then maybe he will be here longer then 2 years.  The best thing he should to me was dedication by staying at Moorhead to try and win with his buddies.  Congrats  MR. Minnesota

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd anticipate Brian as being a late first round early second round draft pick.