SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (8-7) vs. Northern Colorado (6-6)

sioux24/7

Well after an ugly start to conference play, UND (KP 287) and the Summit take on the Big Sky with Northern Colorado (KP 238) up first. 

Looks like UNC is led by #0 6’7” forward Saint Thomas (oh great….) who’s averaging 17.4ppg and 9.4rpg. After that,  #2 Dejour Davis is averaging 14.9ppg and #14 Brock Wisne adds 11.5. 

UNC is not a bad team but this feels like a game we should win if we are where we want to be as a team, which the last two games suggest are aren’t.

KenPom has UNC taking this one 76-75 and Bart Torvik agrees but Vegas has UND -1.5. 

• Upvote 1

Lot of staff connections in this one as Coach Smiley and assistant Coach Houston Reed played at Northern when Coach Sather was an assistant.

Coach Stevens would have coached against both of them when Stevens was a Central WY JUCO

24 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Will be interesting to see what the crowd is like tonight. Was a pretty good sized crowd last Friday for St. Thomas but not sure how many people will be back after watching that game. 

I will be there! But yeah that was a good opportunity to encourage more to come to games. Doesn’t help tonight is on a Wednesday night either. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Wish they still had Dalton Knecht. Would’ve been a fun player to have come to the Betty 

Oh god that would have been fun but I doubt we would have been able to contain him at all. 

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

Mayar is in uniform for warmups and warming up. Not 100% sure the rules on being ineligible but don’t think it’s even legal to be in uniform if you’re academically ineligible.

When does the academic calendar start for UND? If the second semester hasn’t officially started then he’s technically still eligible 

8 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Mayar is in uniform for warmups and warming up. Not 100% sure the rules on being ineligible but don’t think it’s even legal to be in uniform if you’re academically ineligible.

Technically still eligible until the spring semester starts next Monday 

8 minutes ago, SD UND said:

When does the academic calendar start for UND? If the second semester hasn’t officially started then he’s technically still eligible 

That is what I was thinking as well.

11 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I’d like to formally apologize to everyone in this forum! I’m sorry I was never academically ineligible and didn’t know the exact rules regarding being ineligible! Again, my sincere apologies!

You were probably paying the math tutor for answers to the tests. You’re not slick Hoopston