SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (8-5) vs. St. Thomas (8-5) 12/29 @ 7PM

sioux24/7

12 hours ago, GoodGood said:

Another thing of note from this game, I’ve never seen a player get humiliated by an opposing teams bench like Brooks was yesterday. I legit felt bad for Brooks. I’m not sure who on staff is in charge of player development but they let him down big time this summer. In fact I’m not sure if the person in charge has any idea what they’re doing when it comes to shooting mechanics. It’s really sad watching some of these guys shoot 

right in front of the bench....that was f'n ugly.

27 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

This team has some serious limitations just based on the roster we have. No shooters, like at all. And no legitimate big man. Not sure how those 2 issues were not addressed at all during the off-season. That is absolutely mind blowing. You asked for some specific details that I would change so I'll list some below for you or whoever would like to read (in no specific order).

• Stop playing TT and Amar at the same time. Neither of them are legitimate big men, but they both are even worse out on the perimeter. Neither of them are 4's. It ruins all spacing on offense and then gives up so many mismatches on the defensive side. Please please please stop playing them both at the same time! 
  •  
  • Stop running whatever their current "motion" offense is. There is no spacing and we get no motion out of it. With the current roster and 0 shooters they need to try create as much spacing as possible. Passing to the wing and setting double pin down's for guys like Brady D and Eli Brooks is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Run a 4 out motion with lots of ball screens that you allow players to play free out of and make plays. Create advantages out of this.
  •  
  • Stop this high hedge ball screen crap. Very few teams run it anymore because it puts your backside defense in such a crappy position. And then even if you have good backside help it puts your big man in an even worse spot and then you give up way too deep of post ups (which is especially bad with our lack of true big men). Ball screen defense can and should change a lot of games depending on matchups. Go to an 'ice' coverage or just switch all ball screens and figure it out from there.
  •  
  • Push the ball as fast as possible and create easy baskets in transition. Our halfcourt offense is very limited. We need to get easy points in transition. We currently walk the ball up the court every possession. That makes 0 sense. 
  •  
  • Fix the rotation and subbing. Stop playing Brady D. Need more energy from the bench and all the redshirts. Think of St. Thomas's bench and then think of ours. Our bench energy SUCKS!
  •  
  • Basketball is all about creating advantages (which we aren't good at). St. Thomas showed exactly how to do that. They continuously sought out advantage after advantage. For example, any time TT or Brady D was in the game they put them in a ball screen and got some sort of an advantage out of it. If they switched they just took them off the dribble and blew by them every time for a layup. Or they got the big man to pop off the screen and created a wide open 3 out of it. 

Those are just some thoughts off the top of my head. Take this information however you would like. Happy New Year and hopefully more wins in 2024!! 

Thanks

some good points 

we are so inconsistent 

a lot of that has to be on coach

Afraid we are mid conference for the foreseeable future 

• Upvote 1