SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (0-1) vs Elon (1-1) 11/12 1 PM

HoopsFan03

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Hoopeston got you!

IMG_3977.thumb.jpeg.89874fa95ed83153fc8d02abd70aa999.jpegIMG_3978.thumb.jpeg.db2377881b58fab1809355f96d3ed72b.jpeg

Is the band supposed to set up on the top of the Nodak Nation section?  These are some of the most poorly conceived and executed "improvements" I have ever seen.  Why can't the administration just make reasonable choices when it comes to fan experience?

11 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

Is the band supposed to set up on the top of the Nodak Nation section?  These are some of the most poorly conceived and executed "improvements" I have ever seen.  Why can't the administration just make reasonable choices when it comes to fan experience?

i love the cattle guard thingys telling people this is for VIP people (100% empty)

30 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

I think the band must be planning on sitting there. 

3 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

He practiced everyday against a P6 tournament team. Thought he’d be a lot better. Hell get better but that jumpshot is yikes…

Jump shot is rough for sure. He provides some good defense and good getting to the rim. I feel like he might be better off the ball. Eaglestaff had some real nice vision today. Don’t mind Brooks with the ball either. 

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

Jump shot is rough for sure. He provides some good defense and good getting to the rim. I feel like he might be better off the ball. Eaglestaff had some real nice vision today. Don’t mind Brooks with the ball either. 

I have no doubt he’ll get more comfortable. He’ll start getting downhill and putting more pressure on the rim. Don’t really like either as a traditional PG but they’ll have to make it work for the year 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Very comparable. 

Jamal had the 2 hand push shot. King has the 1 hand push shot. He basically doesn't use a guide hand at all. Both were/are not very pretty looking jumpshots.

At least Jamal shot 35% from 3. I don't see King getting close to that number with his current shot and already lack of confidence shooting the ball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Jamal had the 2 hand push shot. King has the 1 hand push shot. He basically doesn't use a guide hand at all. Both were/are not very pretty looking jumpshots.

At least Jamal shot 35% from 3. I don't see King getting close to that number with his current shot and already lack of confidence shooting the ball. 

jamaals 3 at the half against la tech back in the day from 27 feet was awesome........

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

That’s true. Both don’t really jump. 

Just looking at the box score now and one thing that jumped out at me is that Deng Mayar only played 8 minutes but had 3 steals. We haven't really seen what he can do on offense, but man does he have long arms and is able to cause a lot of havoc on defense.

Brooks had 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal on 2-2 shooting. I really like Brooks and what he brings. 

I still am worried about shooting on this team long term as teams get more and more film on them. Besides Treysen there isn't really anybody that can shoot. For example, late in the first half we tried to run a play to get Omot a post up. Brooks threw it into Omot and he almost immediately got double/triple teamed because we had Brooks, King, and Mara all standing out on the 3 pt line with TT on the other block. Which led to Omot skipping it to Mara who put up a bricked 3. Teams will notice this and start to just leave guys open and dig down/double down on anything in the post. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Just looking at the box score now and one thing that jumped out at me is that Deng Mayar only played 8 minutes but had 3 steals. We haven't really seen what he can do on offense, but man does he have long arms and is able to cause a lot of havoc on defense.

Brooks had 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal on 2-2 shooting. I really like Brooks and what he brings. 

I still am worried about shooting on this team long term as teams get more and more film on them. Besides Treysen there isn't really anybody that can shoot. For example, late in the first half we tried to run a play to get Omot a post up. Brooks threw it into Omot and he almost immediately got double/triple teamed because we had Brooks, King, and Mara all standing out on the 3 pt line with TT on the other block. Which led to Omot skipping it to Mara who put up a bricked 3. Teams will notice this and start to just leave guys open and dig down/double down on anything in the post. 

You mean Lieutenant?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

All fair. I do think Mara could end up being a bit of a 3 point shooter. His shot isn’t bad. 

• Upvote 1