SiouxSports.com Forum

UAA

U2Bad1

"Murray will play wing on a line this weekend with center Colby Genoway and wing Rory McMahon. The line of Travis Zajac with Drew Stafford and Rastislav Spirko remains intact, while Quinn Fylling will center Chris Porter and Mike Prpich.

A combination of Brian Canady, James Massen and Erik Fabian will form UND's fourth line."

From the Herald. Interesting lines. I like Porter and have no issues with him creating space on the top two lines (where he has been a fixture during his two years here), but it looks like they are trying to load up the top two lines with their six best forwards. The third line looks competitive. As for the fourth line, I was wondering what people think of the idea of Bina taking a spot there. I have heard that he seems to make things happen when he's out there, so maybe he should be out there in place of some of the guys who haven't produced much.

(Also, hi Mom and Dad.)

"Murray will play wing on a line this weekend with center Colby Genoway and wing Rory McMahon. The line of Travis Zajac with Drew Stafford and Rastislav Spirko remains intact, while Quinn Fylling will center Chris Porter and Mike Prpich.

A combination of Brian Canady, James Massen and Erik Fabian will form UND's fourth line."

From the Herald.  Interesting lines.  I like Porter and have no issues with him creating space on the top two lines (where he has been a fixture during his two years here), but it looks like they are trying to load up the top two lines with their six best forwards.  The third line looks competitive.  As for the fourth line, I was wondering what people think of the idea of Bina taking a spot there.  I have heard that he seems to make things happen when he's out there, so maybe he should be out there in place of some of the guys who haven't produced much.

(Also, hi Mom and Dad.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely, I'd rather have Bina out there giving 100% then watch one of the three seniors in question just go through the motions.

Absolutely, I'd rather have Bina out there giving 100% then watch one of the three seniors in question just go through the motions.

First off there's 2 seniors and 1 sophomore on that line. Canady and Massen have not produced, and Canady is still taking bad penalties. I believe both these guys work very hard out there, especially Canady. However, I see no compelling reason that any of these should play above Bina. Personally, I think we've got 4 guys who could take those 3 spots. Just who should it be? I'm still tempted to put Massen on the ice because I believe if he should get an open shot he could still pot the puck. Canady hasn't shown much scoring prowess. Fabian busts his butt out there and I think he also makes things happen. I know some would sit Massen but I'd probably play Fabian, Massen and Bina, and if one of them falters play Canady the next game.

From the Herald.  Interesting lines.  I like Porter and have no issues with him creating space on the top two lines (where he has been a fixture during his two years here), but it looks like they are trying to load up the top two lines with their six best forwards.  The third line looks competitive.  As for the fourth line, I was wondering what people think of the idea of Bina taking a spot there.  I have heard that he seems to make things happen when he's out there, so maybe he should be out there in place of some of the guys who haven't produced much.

(Also, hi Mom and Dad.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of the problems I had with the last game against DU in the third period with the game still close and UND needing points, out skates the fourth line. I believe the bench should have been shortened to the 9 best forwards. Thats what I would do the rest of the way.

Heard Brandt is back playing and is ready to start playin again.  Anybody think they'll try throw him in their and see if he can spark the team up?  Or is that to big of a risk.. since the Sioux need to will all the rest of the games?  What ya think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With 6 very important conference games remaining in the season, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm not saying JB isn't capable, just that now probably isn't the time to start messing with goalie karma. Pulling either of the two who have played a pretty regular rotation all season probably isn't going to, nor should it, happen. JMHO.

Anyone know what time the game starts tonight and tomorrow? Will it be on FSSN?  I'm hoping to take in a Jets game and then catch the Sioux...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

10:05PM CT. Not on FSSN. You can pay dataflix and hope for the best, Or listen to TH for free on streaming audio (again a maybe, link isn't working currently)

Little did we know then what we know now.  A great great college hockey game it was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I watched most of that game on Fox Sports Friday night. I'd watched my tape of it two or three times before that. It was truly a game that highlighted the best aspects of college hockey. The only bad part was the final score.