SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 NHL Season

cberkas

There could be some retribution tonight. From Greg Wyshynski, ESPN.

Bruins center Pavel Zacha expects a response to Marchand's injury in Game 4.

"I think we have to really go after their top guys. To let them know it's not OK. To go after our captain, that's not OK with us. We're ready to be physical again today and be a little bit harder on them," said Zacha.

Montgomery stressed that he didn't classify Bennett's play as "dirty" but that "it was outside the lines." He noted that Bennett had a history of these types of plays. In 2023 against the Toronto Maple Leafs, Bennett was accused of throwing a gloved punch at rookie Matthew Knies before slamming him to the ice. Knies left the series with a concussion.

"I think it was someone that plays the game on the edge and you knew what he was doing. I don't know if you've seen the picture from behind, but he clearly loaded up," said the coach.

Panthers were the better team that period. Not just shots on goal either, but they had more possession plays and got the better chances. Bruins definitely picked it up from the past 2 games, but there's still a 2nd gear they need to hit or else this 2-0 lead will evaporate.