SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

"TH: I say that he got unlucky because many people have been in the same situation Matt was and didn't got caught."

Darn the luck, he got arrested for DUI.

Of course, it's pretty darn lucky that the hefty two-game suspension comes Bemidji week and not Denver week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what's your solution? If you're going to come on here and spout off, give us some substance. It is quite simple to condemn MG for what he has done, especially for people that happen to 'not' root for the Sioux. The majority of the posts on the two threads discussing the situation called for some sort of suspension. Some even hypothesized that MG would have the captain's 'C' removed from his jersey. Both of these decisions were made by UND Athletics administration, and the UND hockey coaches, not by "fans". I would like to believe that the suspension would have been identical, regardless of the next opponent. Whether two games is a "hefty" suspension or not, it was certainly not an easy conclusion to arrive at without knowing ALL of the facts of this situation (meaning WE, the "fans", don't necessarily know all the facts. I'm sure the coaches and the UND admin already do), and it will be subject to a plethra of reasonable second-guessing.

What has your post added to the discussion? Let's see some of your incredible intellect at work.

During the World Junior's comments were made by players and the ESPN broadcast crew about the bumpy ice.  REA has struggled with ice since it opened and mostly because it has become an all purpose arena.  A couple years ago, when Vancouver was in St Paul to play the Wild, PA and Dubay interviewed the Vancouver play by play guy.  They asked him what it was like being the only show in town since the Vancouver NBA team moved to Memphis.  He said that the only thing he new for sure was that since the basketball team moved out of the arena they now had some of the best ice in the NHL.

DG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While at the WJC's, I heard that BB games are still taking place at the Ralph primarily to please suite holders. If that is the case, give each suite holder a set of prime tickets at the Betty. The Ralph hurts the atmosphere of BB games, which need a tight, loud crowd. And, of course, the ice issue would improve.

So what's your solution? If you're going to come on here and spout off, give us some substance. It is quite simple to condemn MG for what he has done, especially for people that happen to 'not' root for the Sioux. The majority of the posts on the two threads discussing the situation called for some sort of suspension. Some even hypothesized that MG would have the captain's 'C' removed from his jersey. Both of these decisions were made by UND Athletics administration, and the UND hockey coaches, not by "fans". I would like to believe that the suspension would have been identical, regardless of the next opponent. Whether two games is a "hefty" suspension or not, it was certainly not an easy conclusion to arrive at without knowing ALL of the facts of this situation, and it will be subject to a plethra of reasonable second-guessing.

What has your post added to the discussion? Let's see some of your incredible intellect at work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the fact that the coaches and administration pulled the trigger on a punishment tells me they had all the facts they needed in order to act.

As far as the penalty itself I think this was a serious infraction and that 2 games was too light. I would not agree with removing the C. Four games would have been more appropriate in my opinion.

I think the fact that the coaches and administration pulled the trigger on a punishment tells me they had all the facts they needed in order to act.

As far as the penalty itself I think this was a serious infraction and that 2 games was too light. I would not agree with removing the C. Four games would have been more appropriate in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go figure....a Goophie fan not agreeing with the Sioux !!!

So what's your solution? If you're going to come on here and spout off, give us some substance. It is quite simple to condemn MG for what he has done, especially for people that happen to 'not' root for the Sioux. The majority of the posts on the two threads discussing the situation called for some sort of suspension. Some even hypothesized that MG would have the captain's 'C' removed from his jersey. Both of these decisions were made by UND Athletics administration, and the UND hockey coaches, not by "fans". I would like to believe that the suspension would have been identical, regardless of the next opponent. Whether two games is a "hefty" suspension or not, it was certainly not an easy conclusion to arrive at without knowing ALL of the facts of this situation (meaning WE, the "fans", don't necessarily know all the facts. I'm sure the coaches and the UND admin already do), and it will be subject to a plethra of reasonable second-guessing.

Considering that MN could be duking it out with Denver for 3rd/4th place, he'd probably rather have Hakstol look into the future and decide that the Denver series would be a better series to sit Greene for the most effective punishment.

Considering that MN could be duking it out with Denver for 3rd/4th place, he'd probably rather have Hakstol look into the future and decide that the Denver series would be a better series to sit Greene for the most effective punishment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or maybe Jackson is Lucy's handle on this chat.

How in the world can they not know when Rylan Kaip suffered a head injury that sounds like it could be career-threatening?

Wouldn't you know when you took a shot to the head? So why don't they ask Rylan?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He probably doesn't remember :D:blush:

Seriously, a lot of post-concussion injuries occur after repeated contact to the head that result in very minor concussions. Often times the player doesn't notice the minor concussion and doesn't realize anything is wrong until post-concussion syndrome sets in. Most likely there wasn't a particular shot to the head that caused the problems. Hopefully he hasn't had this before and he can come back 100%, whether it be this season or the next.

FS#1  I don't care if you agree with my opinion but I won't apologize for it just because it isn't in lockstep with you school's administration.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No need to apologize for the fact that your favorite team's administration would have covered it up altogehter.

Green's punishment is fine. Keep in mind that he will also be punished by the judicial system. I personally thought that Green should step down as captain, but not be stripped.

As for Rylan, he needs to hang up the pads for the year. Keep skating, but no punishment. Hopefully the summer will clear the fog for next year. No point in thinking you're OK and then getting bumped again and be in even worse shape.

I hope I'm wrong but this Kaip injury makes me very worried for him, as well as his hockey career.  He's been suffering these symptoms for an awfully long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What exactly are "these symptoms?" Have I missed something or someplace where they said what symptoms he's actually having?

We are, for a few, remaining positive in outlook.

Even the casual observer could tell this year that Kaip is the

real deal, and was well on his way to marking himself as the

heart and soul of this team looking forward, much like Micky

Prpich has been looking back, and at present.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really wouldn't say he is the "real deal". I have not been too impressed with him so far granted he has been injured for a while now. As I recall from a coaches show last year Blais said when speaking of him as a recruit that he "was a lot like McMahon but with more of a scoring touch". I wouldn't call 0 goals and 4 assists in 22 games much of a scoring touch. He is a freshman and hopefully he can recover from this and contribute to the team in the future.

I really wouldn't say he is the "real deal". I have not been too impressed with him so far granted he has been injured for a while now. As I recall from a coaches show last year Blais said when speaking of him as a recruit that he "was a lot like McMahon but with more of a scoring touch". I wouldn't call 0 goals and 4 assists in 22 games much of a scoring touch. He is a freshman and hopefully he can recover from this and contribute to the team in the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So far, Kaip hasn't scored a goal, true, but McMahon doesn't really seem to have the scoring touch apart from this year really. Last year was Rory's only year as a Sioux to cross into double digits in goals (10). I think Blais used the wrong terminology when it came to describing Kaip's play. Potentially, I do see Kaip being a lot like McMahon: strong defensive forward who could eventually score.

Kaip and Radke seem to be the development projects... if Kaip can return.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no doubt Kaip is a Player. It's easy to see he has all the tools to play at this level. He suffered a concussion before the season started at a practice. He probably started back too early but you could feel physically well though the brain may be still bruised. With his style of play it's very possible he suffered a few small concussions when he was making the big hits. Prior to this season, he has never had a concussion. Hopefully, he will make a full recovery and we will get to see what a healthy Rylan Kaip can do.