SiouxSports.com Forum

RT off to run the NCC

siouxoutlaw

Congratulations to Roger Thomas for his new job as Commish if the NCC. Without any question he has been a huge asset to UND since he became head coach in '86.

Who do you think will make a good replacement at the AD position? Lord help is if Jared Bruggeman were to take over, even in the interum. My thoughts on him are he has the mental capacity, and personality of a can of hair.

However I think Dean Blaise would and should be at the top of the list for the new AD. He understands and knows UND and the current coaching staffs. I believe Dean would be a good fit for the job.

Congratulations to Roger Thomas for his new job as Commish if the NCC. Without any question he has been a huge asset to UND since he became head coach in '86.

Who do you think will make a good replacement at the AD position? Lord help is if Jared Bruggeman were to take over, even in the interum. My thoughts on him are he has the mental capacity, and personality of a can of hair.

However I think Dean Blaise would and should be at the top of the list for the new AD. He understands and knows UND and the current coaching staffs.  I believe Dean would be a good fit for the job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that Jared would be the best AD that UND could possibly have. He is smart and knows UND backwards and forwards. I have to disagree with you SIOUXOUTLAW. I think that you might have the mental capacity of the can of hair you speak of. :huh:

At the risk of repeating myself from another thread:

With college athletics needing to worry more and more about budgets and finances (the "business of sport" if you will), it'd make sense to look at people with proven sports administration track-records moreso than a former coaches.

The Herald speculates on possible replacements in here.

Its too bad that RT is leaving, he sure stuck up for the students in the student section during the Grand Valley game this last season.  Whoever the new AD is, I hope he is as concerned for the student fans as RT was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hear RT is going to work out of GF. If the league main office is in a converted motel room in SF,SD where will he be working out of in GF? His garage?

Jared Bruggeman would and should never get it.  Im not worried about that.  Rob Bollinger is the man for the job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting suggestion - inside word is the next AD will have to have a great fundraising track record and ability to support/find "future" capital needs :huh:

I think he's wondering why no one is talking about Roger leaving like we talked about Blais (notice how there isn't an e at the end?) when he left.

The answer is simple: Blais was the most popular coach on campus on a team that has brought us more prominance than Roger's team ever did, despite their success.

As for the three mentioned in the Herald, I think the students, especially hockey fans, should get organized and meet each candidate and grill him on what is important to us. However, remember, he is just a candidate for the job. It's like running for political office. I'd expect him to say exactly what you want him to say. Once he gets into the office, things will possibly change.

The new AD should be Terry Wanless :D , he....did.....a....good...ah who am I trying to fool he was horrible.  Hopefully you didn't read this whole statement, but just in case you did, thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only people who thought he was terrible were Gino Gaspirini fans and some select coaches, and those coaches are the same ones who have said they miss him now that we are over budget every year and things are somewhat chaotic upfront.

That Gino move was really dumb on Terrys part wasn't it? :D

Wanless on the UND position:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...ta/10712002.htm

Another article:

Searching for an AD

It's a pretty good article. Here's an interesting quote from it:

"We need a proven administrator to come in and coordinate all of our facilities, and that's a must. And I also think we need an administrator who has ties to the next level, because everything is an ongoing process here." -- Gene Roebuck

"Next level" and "ongoing process" talk from Gene? I thought he was dead-set anti-DI.

• 3 weeks later...

There is one coach that everyone is neglecting....Rich Glas. He's been here long enough to understand the system, he's bureaucratical enough to deal with the political aspects, and he has enough business mind to understand the financials (something RT didn't have).

Bollinger is an interesting pick. I think that he would be a good fit and he bleeds green and white and that is what this University needs. Bollinger would be a good one.

There is one coach that everyone is neglecting....Rich Glas.  He's been here long enough to understand the system, he's bureaucratical enough to deal with the political aspects, and he has enough business mind to understand the financials (something RT didn't have). 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And he's astute enough to realize that 10 years without an NCC championship may be a problem. There are really two jobs open, the AD and REA GM positions. Would he not be a strong fit for the latter, other than his non-hockey background?

Saying Thanks to Roger Thomas!

After the University of ND Reception on Wednesday for Roger Thomas ...2-5pm

We will have another clebration for friends and staff at DAGWOODS from 5m til ??

Please come and enjoy and tell Roger thanks for all his years of service and commitment...He will be missed....

Mike