SiouxSports.com Forum

See the Gophers lose!

UMDDogz

To all the Sioux fans who love nothing more than watching those maroon and gold vermin suffer, Fox Sports Net has the prescription for you (and it's not "more cowbell").

For those of you who haven't heard, FSN is replaying classic North Star, Wild, and Gopher games to help ease the pain of hockey fans suffering from withdrawl. On Tuesday, January 25, FSN will show a game from the 1998 WCHA Playoffs. In this game the Gophers are humbled by the mighty Bulldogs (I know, but it's the only Goofer loss they dared to show, so you know it's gotta be a classic)!!

I am definitely setting my VCR for this one!! :huh:

I'm sure all the Gopher fans on here know which game it is......a certain dramatic 3rd period comeback in the deciding game of the 1st round series that sent the Gophers players down I-35 with a bad taste in their mouths? :0

Watch it, tape it, love it. Or if you're a Gopher fan...skip it (they still have plenty Gopher victories to show yet).

Just giving you all the heads up! :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the Sioux fans who love nothing more than watching those maroon and gold vermin suffer, Fox Sports Net has the prescription for you (and it's not "more cowbell").

For those of you who haven't heard, FSN is replaying classic North Star, Wild, and Gopher games to help ease the pain of hockey fans suffering from withdrawl.  On Tuesday, January 25, FSN will show a game from the 1998 WCHA Playoffs.  In this game the Gophers are humbled by the mighty Bulldogs (I know, but it's the only Goofer loss they dared to show, so you know it's gotta be a classic)!!

I am definitely setting my VCR for this one!!  :huh:

I'm sure all the Gopher fans on here know which game it is......a certain dramatic 3rd period comeback in the deciding game of the 1st round series that sent the Gophers players down I-35 with a bad taste in their mouths?  :0

Watch it, tape it, love it.  Or if you're a Gopher fan...skip it (they still have plenty Gopher victories to show yet).

Just giving you all the heads up!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Minnesota wins that game against UMD and advances to the Final Five, does Woog get fired and Lucia get hired after the following season? Not so sure.

If Minnesota wins that game against UMD and advances to the Final Five, does Woog get fired and Lucia get hired after the following season? Not so sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my opinion Woog started getting the heat applied to him for where that game was played, not neccessarily the outcome. The "U" doesn't really care that much about hockey, just about money. By playing that series in Duluth the Wooger cost them 30,000 tickets sold @ $25 per ticket.

It was not a coincidence that game was in fact the beginning of the end of an era. It hurt a lot at the time, but I've learned to live with it. :huh:

In my opinion Woog started getting the heat applied to him for where that game was played, not neccessarily the outcome. The "U" doesn't really care that much about hockey, just about money. By playing that series in Duluth the Wooger cost them 30,000 tickets sold @ $25 per ticket.

It was not a coincidence that game was in fact the beginning of the end of an era. It hurt a lot at the time, but I've learned to live with it. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And now we have the clowned prince of the Gophers/WCHA in the booth for for the FOX SPORTS NET (formally Minnesota Gophers Sports Network).

...and if you wish to see the Dogz get rolled, just stop by the DECC on any given Friday or Saturday...no need to wait for old re-runs, there is a fresh beating weekly!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately that has been the case this year. The DECC has not been the hospitable home that it was been in the past.

As for watching old reruns...I have been repeatedly viewing the beatdown that the Dogz put on the Gophers in Grand Rapids last year in the NCAA's, to soothe the ache of another sub .500 year. Now I will have another tape to watch when I need to see a Dogz victory to cheer me up!

...and if you wish to see the Dogz get rolled, just stop by the DECC on any given Friday or Saturday...no need to wait for old re-runs, there is a fresh beating weekly!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Except for Saturday night when they won 5-1 against St. Cloud...

This is actually me, not my brother pretending to be me.

Was this was the Huge comeback in game 3. Duluth was down like 3 goals in the third and a defensmen scored and I head a story that the Dman that scored skated by the Gophers bench and said "remember the North Dakota comeback, just like Curtis Murphy" Meaning earlier that year UND cameback by 3 with the rally started by Curtis Murphy. I heard Coach Sertich used this in the lockerrom to pump his guys up.

The next week at the Final 5 Duluth lost in OT to St. Cloud. Dogs goalie was Gasparini who was playing for an injured Nickelin. The Ot winner was scored while Gasperini was being held down by a former high school teammate Ruzinski.

Was this was the Huge comeback in game 3. Duluth was down like 3 goals in the third and a defensmen scored and I head a story that the Dman that scored skated by the Gophers bench and said "remember the North Dakota comeback, just like Curtis Murphy"  Meaning earlier that year UND cameback by 3 with the rally started by Curtis Murphy.  I heard Coach Sertich used this in the lockerrom to pump his guys up.

The next week at the Final 5 Duluth lost in OT to St. Cloud.  Dogs goalie was Gasparini who was playing for an injured Nickelin.  The Ot  winner was scored while Gasperini was being held down by a former high school teammate Ruzinski.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it was a comeback from 4-0 in the third period. The Dogs end up winning 5-4 in OT.

As for your comments Mr. "Basil", I think you need to quit smoking the more potent "herbs"...at least while taking your avatar picture! :huh:

Minnesota Hockey ClassicsTV Schedule

11/4 8:00 10/18/00 Wild vs. Lightning - First Franchise Win

11/11 8:00 12/17/00 Wild vs. Stars - 6-0 Victory

11/18 8:00 5/17/81 North Stars vs. Islanders - Playoff Game 3

11/25 8:00 5/10/91 North Stras vs. Oilers - MN Wins vs. Defending Cup Champs

12/2 8:00 3/11/00 Gophers vs. CC - WCHA 1st Round Upset

12/9 9:00 3/23/00 Wild vs. Red Wings - Clinch Playoff Birth

12/16 8:00 4/10/03 Wild vs. Avs - First Playoff Game & Win

12/24 8:00 4/21/03 Wild vs. Avs - Game 6, 3-2 OT Win

12/30 8:00 4/22/03 Wild vs. Avs - Game 7, 3-2 OT Win

1/10 8:00 2/9/96 Gophers vs. CC - Battle For 1st In WCHA

1/11 8:00 5/8/03 Wild vs. Canucks - Game 7, 4-2 Win

1/20 7:30 5/10/03 Wild vs. Ducks - 1-0 loss in 2 OT In WC Finals

1/25 8:00 3/15/98 Gophers vs. UMD - OT loss in WCHA 1st Round

2/8 8:00 3/1/97 Gophers vs. Wisconsin - Six goal 3rd Clinches Conference

2/10 8:00 10/29/99 Gophers vs. BC - Lucia's First Win Over #1 BC

2/18 8:00 3/20/04 Gophers vs. UND - Final Five Win At Xcel

2/24 8:00 3/14/97 Gophers vs. SCSU - Final Five Semis

We will get to watch the Sioux lose, but that was a great game.

ah, the 'OL double standard....ok for Sioux players to do that but illegal when  a Gopher does it to a Sioux.... :huh:  :D  :D  :0

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatchu talking bout Willis? It wasn't actually an "undressing"...Didn't you see the game? He put such a sweet move on him that Ballard left his cup at the blueline.

Of course the Sioux lost that game but didn't take anything away from that goal.

k then, my bad....

I just remember the bad crap being pulled by the UND goalie at the time (slashing, tripping etc) I just can't remember WHICH of the seires of goalies it was! :D:D Didin't one of them end up with a diving call?

I just gotta love all the hate my gophers get, because the world knows we are the dirtiest players on the planet. All other teams pale in comparison to the evil stuff our players pull. All other teams are angels! :0:huh:

WPoS

I just gotta love all the hate my gophers get, because the world knows we are the dirtiest players on the planet.  All other teams pale in comparison to the evil stuff our players pull.  All other teams are angels!  :0:huh:

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Updated WCHA penalty leaders (team) courtesy USCHO:

PENALTY MINUTES

Rk Team PEN/MIN AVG

1 Minnesota 145-for-336 21.00

2 Minnesota State 167-for-377 20.94

3 Minnesota-Duluth 175-for-366 20.33

4 St. Cloud State 138-for-292 18.25

5 North Dakota 167-for-364 18.20

6 Alaska-Anchorage 122-for-287 17.94

7 Denver 115-for-238 17.00

Wisconsin 149-for-306 17.00

9 Michigan Tech 124-for-267 16.69

10 Colorado College 114-for-239 14.94

:D

PENALTY MINUTES

Rk Team PEN/MIN AVG

:huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Gophers have in fact taken a lot of stupid penalties this year. Watch your back around Tallackson and Harrington.

PENALTY MINUTES

Rk Team PEN/MIN AVG

If Wisconsin moved up one and Anchorage moved to where they normally are in PIM/game (the bottom), you could almost see that proximity to Minneapolis increases PIM/game! Maybe Goldie truly is evil! :huh:

k then, my bad....

I just remember the bad crap being pulled by the UND goalie at the time (slashing, tripping etc) I just can't remember WHICH of the seires of goalies it was! :D  :D  Didin't one of them end up with a diving call?

I just gotta love all the hate my gophers get, because the world knows we are the dirtiest players on the planet.  All other teams pale in comparison to the evil stuff our players pull.  All other teams are angels!  :0:huh:

WPoS

WPoS, I don't know what you expect. Your fans revel in what Ballard did to Lundblom (sic Woog). We take a bit of enjoyment from from watching Ballard get figuratively pantsed.

WPoS, I don't know what you expect. Your fans revel in what Ballard did to Lundblom (sic Woog). We take a bit of enjoyment from from watching Ballard get figuratively pantsed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at that one. Ballard was literally undressing Lundblllllllom. However, the crap Hauser pulled during that series was way worse. The odd thing was that Hauser would swing his stick at a Sioux player and the Gopher fans wanted a penalty on said Sioux player. :D