SiouxSports.com Forum

Motley Crue to play the Alerus April 8th

SiouxperDave

• 2 weeks later...

From the Herald today:

The tour opens Feb. 14 and is currently the No. 1 tour on Pollstar.com and AOL Tickets.

The frenzy behind the tour is turning out to be phenomenal, with the initial 25 dates selling quickly and fans petitioning to have the band perform live in their city. The desire to see the original band back together was the reason the band reunited.

I think Motley Crue will probably sell a lot of tickets for the Alerus concert. Particularly when you consider how well acts like Aerosmith, KISS, Van Halen, AC/DC and Ozzy have done in Grand Forks and Fargo over the last five years. As long as these types of bands have mostly original members as opposed to the fraud that Guns 'n Roses was on their most recent tour, these types of bands seem to still draw very well.

Crue was good, if not excellent, when they released "Shout at the Devil" and "Theatre of Pain". Now, they're just trying to pay the bills and live on royalties. And yes, I did see them in concert a number of times, before they were reduced to playing in NoDak. :silly:

Maybe not, but it's pretty pathetic that MTV and corporate rock radio felt the need to drive an entire genre of music underground.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MTV? They play music? ;);)

Have to agree about Clear Channel, etc. Mostly crappy bands, playing crappy music, and that doesn't even account for their stranglehold on tours, venues and tickets. Fortunately, I found a local college station that plays everything from Led Zep to Primus to The Butthole Surfers to NWA. ;)

Oh, and "Elvis" lived down the street from me when I went to UND. There was a local radio guy who had a Lincoln with "Elvis" plates and an "Elvis Presely Blvd" sign in the back window, so it had to be him. :angry::silly:

That's great if you're into Primus, the Butthole Surfers, and NWA... but I can't stand any of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

primus rocks. how can you not love these lyrics...... "6 foot 2 and rude as hell, gotta get him in the ground before he starts to smell.............so i kissed him upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat my name is mudd." classic :huh:

I've heard their new single, and no it isn't as good as their classic stuff... but I really doubt they need to pay the bills. I'm sure they made enough money in their prime to live off of for the rest of their lives. But Nikki Sixx is a lot like Gene Simmons... he'll do anything to make more money whether he needs it or not. Personally, I'm glad the Crue is going back out on the road. We need our "washed-up" rock stars to keep going, because 95% of the newer bands stink. Mainstream rock n' roll died in 1991-92. MTV killed it, and Nirvana was the weapon they used.

I guess if anyone killed rock n roll I would give it to crappy glam rock bands like Kiss and Motley Crue. People got sick of guys dressed up as $2 hookers playing crap music.

I will agree with MTV being complete crap, but Nirvana was far from killing rock music. They just made a new style of it popular. Nirvana is on the same level as Kiss et al talent wise, but Cobain was a much better songwriter - or at least kids in the 90's could related better to his lyrics.