SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (9-17, 3-10) vs Omaha (7-19, 3-11) 1 PM

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

That’s not though judging by the comments in this thread. People are acting like we just won the conference championship. It was great to get two wins and were fun games to be at but those were games we SHOULD win and should EXPECT to win. Let’s see performances like these against good teams and not bottom feeder teams and then we can go from there!

Could you at least say glad we won negative Nellie.

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Could you at least say glad we won negative Nellie.

Check the other thread buddy. I predicted us to win both games bud. Actually put my money where my mouth was and bet on UND to win both games. Very happy we won. Just don’t get too excited about beating two teams worse than us on our home court. That should be expected. 

15 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

So UND had a tough game but won.  The team was below 300 ranking.  So you are unhappy them won?  Get a life or get a bisiozzz moniker.

Always better to win than lose, no matter what the opponent is ranked. No idea where you’re getting the idea that I was upset.

9 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Check the other thread buddy. I predicted us to win both games bud. Actually put my money where my mouth was and bet on UND to win both games. Very happy we won. Just don’t get too excited about beating two teams worse than us on our home court. That should be expected. 

I think you predicted 1-4.  We got one.

9 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I think you predicted 1-4.  We got one.

I predicted us to beat Denver in that thread. I predicted us to beat Omaha today in the other thread when I said we would go 1-4. Please tell me where I’m wrong?? You seem to be off on your assumptions a lot tonight. 

5 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I predicted us to beat Denver in that thread. I predicted us to beat Omaha today in the other thread when I said we would go 1-4. Please tell me where I’m wrong?? You seem to be off on your assumptions a lot tonight. 

Games to to play.  Stay tuned.

Yes we should expect to beat the lower third teams in the conference every year. But, we are coming from a very bad start. So, we haven’t proven we are a good team yet.
But winning is more fun -duh

There seems to be a glimmer that we could upset a team or two in the conference tournament - teams in the upper two thirds - I wouldn’t bet on it yet though.

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

I'd like to see if they can get to a 7 seed and avoid being on the side of Oral Roberts.

Need to go 3-1 and USD to lose out to do that. 

Tall task. 

Unless it’s reseeded, it’s almost better to be the 10 seed than 8 & 9 and being grouped with Oral Roberts 

Omaha traditionally has been a pain to UNDs side since the transition.  It took UND a long time just to beat them and at least they are beating them on a more regular basis.  

Is there more work to be done? Yes!  However, there has been progress made in the simple fact that this was a type of game they lose a month ago.  This time they found a way to get it done.  That's growth.

Now, can you go on the road and steal another one and get back to the Betty with a chance to get another home sweep.  13-18 and 7-11 in the Summit.  Shoot for that, it is do-able.  Maybe it could be enough to get the 7th seed if USD or KC collapse down the stretch. 

On 2/11/2023 at 8:51 PM, HoopsFan03 said:

Oh no... @Nodak78 got bud and buddy'd in the same sentence..

Hoops and Good won't be satisfied until UND loses out and gets a new coach. No win will be good enough.. every loss will be heavily scrutinized. Rinse, repeat.

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Oh no... @Nodak78 got bud and buddy'd in the same sentence..

Hoops and Good won't be satisfied until UND loses out and gets a new coach. No win will be good enough.. every loss will be heavily scrutinized. Rinse, repeat.

You wouldn’t find a happier fan than me if UND won out the rest of the year. It’s a good start for the team to be beating teams ranked in the 300s. Next step is to obviously start beating the middle of the pack teams in the conference. They will have a chance to do that in 3 of the next 4 games. I have no idea where this idea comes from that I am mad we’re are winning. Credit to Sather for making some adjustments the 2nd half of the season. I’m not sure what else you want me to say

• Upvote 3