SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureux Article

DMT

Wow. It's a good reminder that the players we follow (and criticize) are young people and have the problems that young people have. We just see someone's on-ice performance dip and think they must not care, when in fact we don't know what issues they have with their health, their family's health, their relationships, substance problems, etc.

Good luck to Jacques.

Actually, this was a paper he wrote for a class. One of his teachers told him to publish it for others to read, because it really is a great story. He rewrote it, and the final was 14 pages long. It was edited/condensed by Paulette Tobin, whom you'll see on the front page of Monday's paper, prefacing the article.

It is a remarkable story, I was fortunate enough to read it, and I hope a lot of others (like those posting here) are taking notice.

What courage it took for Jacques to come out and write this and show the public.I have nothing but great respect for what he did.Hopefully other kids or adults for that matter,will read this and get help themselves if they are experiencing the same thing.I hope Jacques continues to get better,and maybe someday we will see him in a SIOUX uniform.

Hey guys Poncho here, i showed that article to my Betsy tonight. It was very hard to watch her break down as she read threw it. It made me realize how hard the burden is of carrying the pressure a varsity star must deal with. I wish the very best for Jacques, his family, and his friends. Hopefully he'll play for the guys in green or maybe the boys in blue. I also feel an immense amount of stupidity for not making a serious comment right away on the article. I'd like to apologize to the NO.1sioux fan for my comments. Sorry if I'm bothering any of you, i'm knew to this sort of thing.

• 3 months later...
In light of the Tyler Hirsch situation, thought this merited a bump.  There is some fairly ugly stuff being posted on USCHO, but I know most Sioux fans here are above that.  I hope that Hirsch is able to find some peace, with or without hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great point. Anybody making fun of Hirsch for whatever he is going through is an idiot. I wish him the best.