SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Seats this weekend

sucka

Apparently the wonderful a** kissing of the UND athletic deparment has begun. The word is that they are going to give the GVSU fans one entire section of the student section that is down low. I think that is the dumbest thing that the athletic dept could ever do. People already hate the UND student section and I think it will be a big mistake taking away some of our homefield advantage and making a potentially dangerous situation. They are putting the UND students next to the same people that flipped us off and mooned us after the National Championship game last year. I for one am going to call everybody I know in the athletic dept tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of this. I urge everyone on this message board to voice complaints to RT and Jared Bruggeman. Please help us keep our homefield advantage that we fought hard for this year.

Relax....

RT didn't "give up" the student section. He was required by the NCAA playoff administrators to comply with the tournament rules which actually state that the visiting teams' fans must sit behind their bench between the 30 yard lines. He actually even fought to get them put up into the second row to keep our students where they are but the NCAA nixed it. My guess is that a coach or administrator from GVSU reminded the NCAA about it. RT is a football guy, he knows how important stuff like that is and fought hard to keep it the way it was. For chirst sake he stuck his neck out to get the team the money to fly to Houghton!!! :ohmy:

Relax....

RT didn't "give up" the student section.  He was required by the NCAA playoff administrators to comply with the tournament rules which actually state that the visiting teams' fans must sit behind their bench between the 30 yard lines.  He actually even fought to get them put up into the second row to keep our students where they are but the NCAA nixed it.  My guess is that a coach or administrator from GVSU reminded the NCAA about it.  RT is a football guy, he knows how important stuff like that is and fought hard to keep it the way it was.  For chirst sake he stuck his neck out to get the team the money to fly to Houghton!!!    :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What changed from last year to this year?

So they'll get seats 2 sections over from where the visitor section usually is. Who cares. We'll still have seats between the 40's, which is the most important place anyways for tauting purposes. :ohmy:

I would guess what changed was Pitt State fans whining to high heaven. Those guys need a life.

Ah no, it was terrible...about ten students came over right next to the stands and felt the need to moon us and flip us off. They were more worried about us UND fans than thet were about the celebration...why not go celebrate with your own fans instead of showing us what idiots they could be. Pretty classless!! :ohmy:

There is a section in the NCAA Football Championships Handbook about tickets.  It sets the rules for how many tickets are reserved for visiting fans and where they will be located.

As a matter of fact,

Each competing institution will be guaranteed access to a minimum of 500

tickets, with those seats located directly behind their team bench, between

the 30-yard lines, beginning with the rows closest to the playing field to

accommodate those 500 seats. Additional tickets may be purchased, but the

seat locations will not be guaranteed. Please note that bands must also be

seated outside the 30-yard lines, if located on the opposing team

I seem to remember being from the 20 to the goaline at St. Cloud. And what has changed from the previous 2 playoff years? I seem to remember Winona Fans being in the top sections. Sioux '01, I have sat in the seats that we are giving to GVSU for the last 4 years. I am not going to RELAX. Why don't you give up your seat to Laker Pukes. I don't want to give up mine. Those are our seats and I think that its stupid that we have to give them up. And besides, I don't think its a good idea to put the visiting fans next to the UND students. I am guessing that there will be fights between moron fans this weekend.

I seem to remember being from the 20 to the goaline at St. Cloud.  And what has changed from the previous 2 playoff years?  I seem to remember Winona Fans being in the top sections. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly. St. Cloud didn't follow the rules then. There was no visiting team section between the thirty yard lines. (although it may be different because they have no visiting side seats directly behind the visiting team).

So I guess UND broke the NCAA rules the last two years.

Exactly what section are they giving away?  It has to be one of the sections on the end, because they aren't going to split up the students section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seating-fb04.gif

I'd guess 215 (or lower part of that section)? Since the band is usually in 213? So does GVSU get non General Admission tickets in the student sections? Cause I can see UND students coming to the game and sitting in those seats and then suddenly having to move.

Just got a message from Sioux Crew, the GVSU fans will be in section 213

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So where does our band go, because I believe they sit in either 213 or 212? I just hope they don't use the band as a buffer between the students and visiting fans like at the Ralph.

I imagine the band stays, the GVSU fans will have to deal with them, it might not be bad at all actually.  I could see fights starting though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't remember which section the band is in, but if it's 212 they are now cut off from the students by the GVSU fans.

From my understanding, the GV section is going to be in the usual corner just moved in to meet the 30 yard requirement. I am assuming that they will have section 215. Really the student section should only have to be moved over one section and should still be able to get in GV's heads.

So I have a question.....are the tickets for the UND students assigned seating? Or can we sit wherever we want in the student section? My student ticket has a seat # on it and there's no way I'm sitting by myself, because I bought my ticket at a different time than my friends.