SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS THREAD

AZSIOUX

Hakstol better find some line combos that work, because he can't be wasting goaltending efforts like the one he got tonight from Lamoureax. 

I really can't even think of one quality scoring chance for UND..... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's more than a question of line combinations. I just don't see much energy in the offense. I don't see anyone stepping up to be a "go-to guy."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One more comment after seeing the boxscore - UND is historically a team that wears other teams down and takes advantage in the third. DH said before the season that this team is in great shape and he should know as he has been on board for a few years. Well, what is the deal with getting outshot 15-5 tonight in the third??? That is unacceptable and certainly uncharacteristic.

One more comment after seeing the boxscore - UND is historically a team that wears other teams down and takes advantage in the third.  DH said before the season that this team is in great shape and he should know as he has been on board for a few years.  Well, what is the deal with getting outshot 15-5 tonight in the third???  That is unacceptable and certainly uncharacteristic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think the two 5-3's the Sioux had to kill at the beginning of the period didn't help the cause. Also the Sioux gave the Badgers 9 powerplay opportunities. When you have to kill off over a period of penalties it tends to ruin any offensive flow not to mention tire out the players. (13/26)

After watching the latest Sioux "effort" there are only a couple things that come to mind. Either Hakstol motivates this team and teaches them some discipline or this will be a long, disappointing year. They flat out got out played, out hussled and out classed in every aspect of the game. I don't know what happened to this team over the summer, but we went from a high octane, fast team to a bunch of slugs who don't look like they even want to be on the ice. There are more problems then a little slump going on. I just don't think there is the effort needed to be a successful team. I just wish the players cared as much as the fans and showed some heart. Just sad. Lammy played his butt off and didn't get any help.

Hopefully these guys make me look like a fool by the end of the year.

Are you kidding me? Another shut-out?

You mean to tell me that players like Stafford, Spirko, Zajac, Fylling, Genoway, etc., etc. can't put one freakin' goal on the board? What the hell is wrong with North Dakota this year?:lol:

And don't give me the Parise/Bochenski standard answer. This is a senior-laden team with plenty of good offensive players. There are no excuses.

I'm glad to see that Phil is doing well at UND, He was a fan favorite in Lincoln and it sounds like he is quickly becoming a favorite there too. It's too bad he's not getting much support up front, he had the same problem in Lincoln. Hopefully Hak will give Phil the start again Sat and UND will pull out a win.

In case I was the only one who noticed, during a quick montage at the beginning of sports center there was about a 1 second clip of Schneider beating the hell outta MacMurchy.

I know, I know, just 1 second, but I guess when there's no NHL the hockey fans in Connecticut must be watching something.

The continuous lack of discipline with this team has really gone over the edge. The team continually shoots themselves in the foot with stupid penalties that often create a 5 on 3 for the other team. I am not totally giving up on Hakstol, he just seems to be in over his head. I can guarantee that if Blais was coaching this team, the team would have made a much better adjustment to the new reules and the offense would be much better. This type of hockey cannot be good for recruiting either. I would hate to see the Sioux turn away from the high tempo teams of the past but that is what I am seeing so far under coach Hak. Undisciplined penalties, no speed through the neutral zone, piss poor passing, and a horrible power play. Very frusturating!!

In case I was the only one who noticed, during a quick montage at the beginning of sports center there was about a 1 second clip of Schneider beating the hell outta MacMurchy.

I know, I know, just 1 second, but I guess when there's no NHL the hockey fans in Connecticut must be watching something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone has a picture of that I would love to see it. One of the McMahon fight would be great too.

Home after a long drive from Madison. Could only make one of the two because of other commitments. Cripes, is Madison a worthless town in which to navigate at night. I stumbled around there for an hour before I found my way onto I-94 West.

In any event, from our vantage point, it was a great night of college hockey in the WCHA between two very solid teams. Sure, it was disappointing to get shutout. Sure, Bruckler is a solid goaltender. Sure, we only had 25 or so shots. Sure, Lammy appears to be the real deal.

A tough loss on the road. So, what does one expect in the WCHA? Wisconsin returns a team with alot of talent that, like us, missed going to the Frozen Four last year by one game and one goal. Not exactly a pushover.

The Wisconsin crowd is great. Even the old-timers get into the action. We oughta be able to replicate that at the Ralph. No a stitch of piped in music between whistles. Wow, was that refreshing.

Now to the game and to all of you naysayers on the boys and Hak.

The Sioux played damned well from our vantage point. They skated hard and fast. They hit hard, and mostly smart. They took a pimping a couple of times on some penalties. Scneider is lucky that he is not sitting tonight. He pummelled that Badger clown. Their passes were largely clean and crisp. They had some good shots, and some quality chances. Sometimes things are just puck luck.

Lammy stood on his head. The game could have easily been 3-1.

The last minute of play was classic. The Badgers iced the puck a couple of times shooting for an open net. Talk about undisciplined. This gave the Sioux several faceoffs in the attacking end in the last thirty seconds. The final flurry was frantic. Had the Sioux had about three more seconds, I think that they would have scored and the wringing of hands and knashing of teeth would be half of what it is on this board today.

It was a great WCHA clash between two upper echelon teams. The Sioux lost a tough one on the road. They are having a tough time getting the puck in the net, but it sure is not attributable, at least last night, to any lack of effort, focus, skill, or coaching.

By the way, they did a heck of a job killing off the 5x3's.

Blais is gone and Hak is here, and is here to stay. All aboard!!

I don't normally say "I told you so", but in this case I will. Remember prior to the season's start when the topic of conversation was routinely asking who would start in net for the Sioux? I posted the following on September 1:

"I am certain that once we all see him (Phil Lamoureux) play and experience what he can accomplish in net, all these posts on who will mind the net this season and in the future will cease - at least for 4 more years that is......."

I intend to enjoy and celebrate the next 4 years of #34!!

wow your a genious!!!!!!!! i am sure you are the only person who though lammy would be good throughout this board.hope he keeps it going.. :lol::huh::D

I don't normally say "I told you so", but in this case I will.  Remember prior to the season's start when the topic of conversation was routinely asking who would start in net for the Sioux?  I posted the following on September 1: 

"I am certain that once we all see him (Phil Lamoureux) play and experience what he can accomplish in net, all these posts on who will mind the net this season and in the future will cease - at least for 4 more years that is......."

I intend to enjoy and celebrate the next 4 years of #34!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One game does not make a career. He has a promising future but I would not wear out your arm patting yourself on the back. The player I have been most disappointed in is Radke. The games I have seen so far he does not look ready for the WCHA. INCH had him ranked as the #2 incoming freshman D and I have not been very impressed so far. The good news is he can go nowhere but up from here. I have not been impressed with Kaip either but he was not considered a big time recruit.

Too bad the losing team can't have the player of the game, Lammy really deserves it. :huh:    Made some amazing saves and gave the Sioux a chance.  Damn we need someone to step up and be leader.  We definitely found a goalie, just wish we could find a goal scorer. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After the rube announcer from Wisconsin said Lammy was one of the best goalies they have seen this season they gave the player of the game to ther goalie Brend Bruckler. WTF.