SiouxSports.com Forum

Parise Article

dagies

I hate to whiz in anybody's Wheaties, but Minnesota is still a very deep, talented team. OSU isn't really a hockey team, except in name only. :D However, Lucia still has a tough squad who will face a real test at UNH, but should do okay out there.

Right now, if we faced Minnesota, we'd have our hands full and then some. In January, I'd say our odds of a split will be decent provided our goaltending firms up and the rest of the team contributes more on offense. There's no way in hell I'd bet a case of beer on a sweep, unless it was cheap crap I wanted to get rid of anyway. :p

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- OSU was horrible.

- MN's FR d-man made stupid plays to give up the to goals and it's overcoming this inexperience that will make or break this team in the long run.

- On the other hand, Ballard & Martin were both outstading on both ends of the ice.

After watching Vanek, Guyer, & Hirsh and reading about Parise et al I can't wait for the UND series. Should be very, very, very fast.

After watching Vanek, Guyer, & Hirsh and reading about Parise et al I can't wait for the UND series. Should be very, very, very fast.

However, opposing forwards be careful tip toeing around UND's Defensive zone... Smack, Boom, Bang...

However, opposing forwards be careful tip toeing around UND's Defensive zone... Smack, Boom, Bang...

I like good size. But a lot of times, you can't hit what you can't catch. So size can work against you too. Some of the best Sioux teams weren't big and were built mostly on speed. That is the kind of hockey I prefer but I am not the coach either. :p

Ohio State is a very big team but Minnesota mostly skated circles around them. And that was on an NHL ice sheet. Imagine how it could have looked on an Olympic ice sheet. :D

Should be a fun year in the WCHA

Guess he was on so many of the offensive lists, they left him off the assist list, even though it goes down to 3 assists total.

And I don't believe in the what you can't catch, you can't hit dman description. Defensive positioning supplants speed, if you're in position and good at "pushing" an oncoming forward wide, doesn't make any difference how fast he is, if he shoots, it's from a bad angle that should result in an easy save. Ludwig was never fast by any means, but he very seldom got beat by anyone at the college or NHL level. Ditto for Patrick. And many other Sioux dmen of the past (Hangsleben, Walker, etc, etc).

Being a fast team but having room taken away from you by very good defense can be very frustrating. I think the current Sioux D are up to that. Smack, boom, bang.

Zach shows up in total points, goals, power play goals and short-handed goals. How come he's not in the goalie stats? ;):D

Can't be raining on D(alpahbet)'s parade.

Scott, maybe you could furnish Goon with some of your Bisonwhiz beer if he loses the bet. (Is that what's in your wheaties) :p

What I like most about Parise's stats is "2 shorthanded goals".

No he won't average one per game, but what did we have 5 or 6 all of last year? I remember Hrkac scoring plenty. Not to compare but ever since those days when the Sioux have taken a penalty my comment has always been "well, I guess we'll just have to score shorthanded". Maybe it will start coming true again.