SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-21, 2-12) vs KC (16-10, 9-5) 2/17 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

Just now, Kab said:

Does it really matter?

it would be 1 and done in the tourney

maybe this will light a fire on coaches and players 

too many lost opportunities this year 

I'd rather not be the team left out.  Summit League tourney is more fun that way.

99.9% probably true on being one and done... but you never know, 8 seeds had given the 1 trouble in recent years. 

Won't matter next year when all 10 get to go, but it still sucks that you don't get to go.

Worked for the women, they bounced back from a tough year last year.  Hope for a repeat of that next year.

59 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

At the risk of someone calling me out for settling for good effort in a losing game

I have seen improvement and we aren’t there yet but we do make it interesting and would love to see what happens if we got into the tournament 

Man, you are so soft. 

52 minutes ago, Kab said:

We can’t guard their bigs so why not putt and Mathew’s out there the same time with T 

it sure can’t hurt with our record 

Because neither has the foot speed of Allick— and whomever they would choose to guard at the 4 would drag them up the floor and blow by and dunk it.  Those 2 bigs on the floor at the same time would not be helpful for us-  as they don’t move well enough.  (yet or maybe ever) If you went zone— one would have to be on the bottom outside-  and they wouldn’t be able to get out to a corner.   Respect your opinion, but my opinion is that I don’t see that as an effective option

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

Man, you are so soft. 

Look I am not here to fight anyone. I guess I have my way of looking at things and will respect yours and you can choose to respond however you want -free country

should add if I can. I have been through having a child go through athletics. I was way too stressed out and overbearing on my child about playing well and winning. One of my greatest regrets was not enjoying progress and effort. College is probably different but I truly wish I could have enjoyed the ride more - the winning and losing - sorry to bore

To the people saying that this team cant afford major turnover this off-season I ask why? I love that they play hard but this is not a D1 roster. There are probably 3, maybe 4 guys that can or MAY be able to develop into guys that could play a role on a top 3 team in the Summit. The only team below us in the Summit this year is St Thomas, a D3 school, who has a loaded recruiting class coming in and won't be at the bottom much longer. If we run it back next year with this roster plus Eaglestaff I have a hard time believing we'd finish higher than 8th

Agree that the bar has to be more than just getting into the conference tournament. The bar has to be higher than hoping we peak and win three games at year end.  The journey matters. I certainly enjoy wins during the season. 
But, if that isn’t happening then a person can just stop watching or try to enjoy progress.

I would love to have a bunch of grade A players and enjoy wins - get bored with wins. Ain’t happening for a while and maybe not for a long while -maybe never

big difference between accepting some loses and trying to enjoy and appreciate progress or only appreciate a win - bar is set at winning all games but it is not realistic- again imho 

27 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

To the people saying that this team cant afford major turnover this off-season I ask why? I love that they play hard but this is not a D1 roster. There are probably 3, maybe 4 guys that can or MAY be able to develop into guys that could play a role on a top 3 team in the Summit. The only team below us in the Summit this year is St Thomas, a D3 school, who has a loaded recruiting class coming in and won't be at the bottom much longer. If we run it back next year with this roster plus Eaglestaff I have a hard time believing we'd finish higher than 8th

Instability or the impression of instability in the program.

You can't make progress as a program when you consistenly turning over 8 players every single year.   

Now... they do need to add more talent and have to be sure with who they bring it to help (with only 1 scholarship to play with as of right now). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the green team said:

Because neither has the foot speed of Allick— and whomever they would choose to guard at the 4 would drag them up the floor and blow by and dunk it.  Those 2 bigs on the floor at the same time would not be helpful for us-  as they don’t move well enough.  (yet or maybe ever) If you went zone— one would have to be on the bottom outside-  and they wouldn’t be able to get out to a corner.   Respect your opinion, but my opinion is that I don’t see that as an effective option

Seems like they had dunks anyway

when things aren’t going right try something new

if foot speed is an issue I doubt those feet speed up before next year

i am hoping for something  better next year