SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. BC

jimdahl

York's 700th win as a head coach. That's pretty incredible.

Third period was encouraging.

I suppose the bandwagoners will be coming back after the Sioux finally start to play their game. Welcome back. :0

Tomorrow night is the next step. It's pretty obvious that the players and the coaching staff are still in a 'feeling out' situation. I'm wondering if Coach Eades has mellowed a bit in his old age. If not, and if he is with the team this weekend, I suspect that he finally snapped between periods two and three.

Go Sioux!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated Hansen at the Frozen Four in 2000, but I thought he reffed well.  Our penalties were obvious, and I didn't see very much of the obstruction penalties.  Plus, he let the teams play in the third.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TH was upset about a Spina cheap shot on Greene late in the game that wasn't called.

Let's build on this guys! Good response to adversity.

As usual Greene touches someone it's a penalty. Spina cheap shots him with his stick late in the game - no call. Spina runs Porter after the final whistle - no call. Yep , that new officiating standard really making a difference. Somebody ought to knock Spina into next week and then tell the officials that if they won't do their job the Sioux'll do it for them. Typical cheap ass hockey least "hockey". Unforgivable crap sacks.

At least the boys came back and didn't give up.Need to stay out of the box to start a game.we had 8 penalties in the first 2 periods and none in the third.The results speak for themselves.Hope to continue the play of the third period into tommorrow nite and see what happens.

Seems like time to bench some guys who are screwing it up for the rest of the team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(I know its poor form to quote oneself,) but I'm happy the coaches read this message board. Our play improved after the stern message of benching the C....

Nice last 30 minutes, Sioux. Something to build on.

Let's build on this guys!  Good response to adversity.

As usual Greene touches someone it's a penalty.  Spina cheap shots him with his stick late in the game - no call.  Spina runs Porter after the final whistle - no call.  Yep , that new officiating standard really making a difference.  Somebody ought to knock Spina into next week and then tell the officials that if they won't do their job the Sioux'll do it for them.  Typical cheap ass hockey least "hockey".  Unforgivable crap sacks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boy I see how you guys barely beat Mankato...they are friggin awesome!!!!!!!

Thank you for the hospitality in G.F. last weekend, and most of all thank you for Ryan Potulny....I think he will win more national championships than his brother.

I thought Parise played pretty good. There was nothing he could do on a few of BC's goals. That breakaway save he made was beautiful. But if he wants to be a great goalie, he needs to let the offensive player make the first move. He just seems to go down a little early sometimes.

Thank you for the hospitality in G.F. last weekend, and most of all thank you for Ryan Potulny....I think he will win more national championships than his brother.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you wonder why everyone thinks Minnesota fans are arrogant. Way to confirm all suspicion. Tool.

I'm so happy I went and played a computer game instead of listening to the game.

With my negative attitude away from the game, we scored 3! From the sounds of it, we had a really good 3rd period.

UMD lost, UW and UM won, BC won. That means BC takes #1 slot, UMD falls to #2, we will fall behind UW but it's not that bad. MAYBE we can get something going now that we got 5 periods of our arses getting kicked out of the way.

Maybe I'll just flat out not listen to the game tommorrow night and we'll win for sure!

Dan Bertram is really good.

Nice to hear that Porter got 2! I like Porter!

They had Porter on preshow talking about why he wasn't producing. He scores 2. Tommorrow, open the show with Stafford and maybe he'll score 2!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gloating in October. I'm impressed.

Just got home and read this thread. Wasn't expecting to beat BC but hoped we'd see the right effort and execution to show we're back on track. From reading this thread it looks like we didn't possess that for the first 40 minutes of the game which is very very discouraging. Very.

Nice to see the guys put it together for a decent third period, but we saw a good 3rd period in Mankato and what did it get us? Outplayed at home against MN.

So I'm hopeful but not necessarily optimistic. I hope like all others that this team can build on its third period tonite and maybe it can. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Cudo's to Porter for getting a couple of big goals. Hopefully we can get a few more guys rolling.

Hey, those of you who listened or better yet watched the game, how did our offense do in transition tonite? Did we do better making that first pass and passing in the neutral zone?

Overall, losing to BC in their building 4-3 isn't that bad. The way we played the first 2 periods, however, seems to leave a lot to be desired.

Hey, those of you who listened or better yet watched the game, how did our offense do in transition tonite?  Did we do better making that first pass and passing in the neutral zone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not so good. In fact, BC's first goal was a direct result of us not clearing the zone. Though our first two were because they couldn't clear.

If we finally made a decent pass, our forwards couldn't couldn't handle the puck. In the third it seemed like we carried the puck out of the zone more. Fine by me.

Dagies, this was a poorly played game up until really the 3rd period. We dominated the entire period in which we actually won the period 2-1. Unfortunately that 1 goal was an empty netter.

5-3 was the score.

Schneider is the real deal for BC and may actually bench Matti for his senior year. Not good for Matti.

In any case, if you tune into ESPN News, they show highlights of the game in a very typical ESPN fashion. They show 2 BC goals (the first goal by Bertram and Shannon's goal on the 5x3). However, they do show that fabulous JPar save on Spina in passing.