SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Miami (OH) 11/25 12 PM

SWSiouxMN

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

A lot to discuss in this one.  Some good things to take from this and some not so good things.  I'm happy they got to play. 

Hoping we can continue to find games.  This team has some pieces, just need to get some time together.  Turnovers and poor shooting today.   

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Both teams waved to each other after the game.  :lol:

I know because of COVID, but its still good for a chuckle. 

I missed that part, I was hoping it would be like my 6 year old's soccer team where they all line up and clap for the other team. :lol:

I would guess that Sather wasn't very happy (but maybe not too surprised) by our play in their first game.  Too many dumb turnovers and shooting wasn't good.  Our lack of quickness and horses underneath (and maybe shooting) will be a challenge.  I liked Sims - worked hard.  Nero is good but I have some concern about his ball handling against really quick guards.  Sueker did not have a good game but I think he will be a contributor.  DAE played his normal game - some good, some not-so-good.  G played well - would have like to see him some more minutes.  Rebraca got off to a lousy start but picked it up in the 2nd half.  I really don't know how he can do what he does.  He is always going against someone as tall or taller than him but, more importantly, he is usually outweighed by 20-30 pounds.

Not a good game but I assume we can and can play much better!  

36 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I would guess that Sather wasn't very happy (but maybe not too surprised) by our play in their first game.  Too many dumb turnovers and shooting wasn't good.  Our lack of quickness and horses underneath (and maybe shooting) will be a challenge.  I liked Sims - worked hard.  Nero is good but I have some concern about his ball handling against really quick guards.  Sueker did not have a good game but I think he will be a contributor.  DAE played his normal game - some good, some not-so-good.  G played well - would have like to see him some more minutes.  Rebraca got off to a lousy start but picked it up in the 2nd half.  I really don't know how he can do what he does.  He is always going against someone as tall or taller than him but, more importantly, he is usually outweighed by 20-30 pounds.

Not a good game but I assume we can and can play much better!  

We've had about a 50% roster turnover from last year, so it's going to take a while for the team to get, but I think Coach Sather will get them coached up and we'll be very competitive by the time that we head into the conference season.