SiouxSports.com Forum

Nice piece on impending NHL lockout

mikejm

Less than a week to go until many hockey fans' attention will be focused on the college game while the millionaires who run (and play in) the NHL stare at one another over the "bargaining" table.

"And if they're wondering where the fans went to, have them check the other rinks: rinks where junior hockey and college hockey and minor hockey and women's hockey and even old-timers' hockey is being played."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Art...ment/Columnists

my neighbor is lamenting NOT going to play in Germany as he had lined up, looks like he and his fam can spend some quality time in warm climes instead of St. Paul this year...it is odd hearing a player speak out over some of the stupid stuff that is causing some of this!

WPoS

my neighbor is lamenting NOT going to play in Germany as he had lined up, looks like he and his fam can spend some quality time in warm climes instead of St. Paul this year...it is odd hearing a player speak out over some of the stupid stuff that is causing some of this!

WPoS

Any Idea to who your neighbor might be?

Just wondering.

I wouldn't be so sure that every player with an NHL deal is going to play in the AHL. Those franchises tend to run their own shops, and they can afford to pick 'n choose who's going to play on their dime. Most rosters are already set, so if any player, especially FAs or lower draft picks, wants to play on an AHL or ECHL roster, they will probably have to make the team. I'd be interested in whether the NHL teams will cover the salaries of their players who are playing on their affiliates' teams during the lock-out. Better caliber players like Parise, Suter, Vanek, etc. will probably have no problems, but guys who have been wallowing in the AHL for a few years aren't going to let them take their spots too easily. I think a better bet for some of the players might be in the Euro leagues, or God forbid the WHA ... :0:p

I think a better bet for some of the players might be in the Euro leagues, or God forbid the WHA ... :0:p

If an NHL player plays in the WHA this season, they can't return to the NHL for this season. If there is a season.

I've heard a rumor that the WHA might not even make it off the ground.

I just hope that they (The NHL) get their act together soon. If not they will never recover from this gaft. I would like to let everybody out there to know that i'm alright from this last storm (Frances) my power was out for a few days but it's better than what some folks have gone through. I would like to also stress that we're not out of the woods yet. If Ivan stays on course & further away from the coast the better for us but i would like to let everybody know that i'm ok.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973