SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota “Class B” Throwback Logos & Shirts

MafiaMan

Well, given the fact that I have some free time on my hands these days as I look for a full-time gig, I have taken a stab at an idea that has been in my head for a long time...throwback logos and t-shirts from old ND schools now closed or merged with other schools.  My first attempt at this was the old Belfield Bantams.  You can find me on Facebook at Belfield Bantams Throwback Shirt Guy.

I’m looking to expand this idea to other schools and am already working on artwork for the Regent Rangers.  I would love to add additional schools to the mix as well.  Ideas and suggestions are more than welcome - I need a yearbook photo or past shirt logo to get the ball rolling.  

Past favorites I would love to see made...

Hettinger Black Devils

Bowbells Eskimos

Almont Eagles

South Heart Eagles

Sheldon Shadows

Halliday Wolverines

Wildrose-Alamo Roses

Scranton Miners 

Golva Tigers 

Glen Ullin Rattlers

Langdon Cardinals 

Hebron Brickmakers

Taylor Redbirds

Richardton Rebels

Mott Cardinals

New England St Mary’s Saints

McVille Blackhawks

Thanks for your time...you know where to find me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, westsidesioux said:

Rhame Pirates

My sister literally mentioned that one earlier today.  Get me a photo of an old logo and a refresher on colors (royal blue and yellow going off of memory) and I’ll see what I can do!

6 hours ago, ChadR said:

Do a Mentor Trojans (Maple Lake). I can guarantee 10 shirts min

Mentor Trojans - same thing.  Get me an old yearbook logo photo or even a cell phone pic of an old t-shirt and I’ll get something started!

38 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

Will do. Sorry was just spit balling. I think i've actually got an old shirt at home somewhere i could snap a picture of.

I would totally do any school as long as I had a starting point and something to work with.  You are the 2nd person to ask about Rhame.  Let’s get the concept rolling!

The school colors were red and white.  The boys basketball coach once ordered new uniforms and made the away uniforms black and really pissed the school board off, but they looked awesome...we still used them when I played three years after that. We might have been the only school in the district without an official logo of any kind. Just basically whatever clip art pirate existed at any given time is what got used. I’ll try to find photos of tshirts when they made the B in 1995 as that was the coolest one used. 

15 minutes ago, westsidesioux said:

The school colors were red and white.  The boys basketball coach once ordered new uniforms and made the away uniforms black and really pissed the school board off, but they looked awesome...we still used them when I played three years after that. We might have been the only school in the district without an official logo of any kind. Just basically whatever clip art pirate existed at any given time is what got used. I’ll try to find photos of tshirts when they made the B in 1995 as that was the coolest one used. 

Rhame made the state tournament in 1995?  I had no idea!  And I was totally off on the colors too.  

I need to find a Hettinger Black Devil on the board.

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Rhame made the state tournament in 1995?  I had no idea!  And I was totally off on the colors too.  

I need to find a Hettinger Black Devil on the board.

Hettinger made it to the B in ‘94. The Vleim boys were pretty solid for them. Rhame beat them in the championship of the Hettinger Holiday Tournament that year and knocked them off their perch. The district looked a lot different even then...the Regent Rangers, Mott Cardinals, South Heart Eagles, Belfield Bantams, Hettinger Black Devils and Scranton Miners all hadn’t entered into co-op yet

7 minutes ago, westsidesioux said:

Hettinger made it to the B in ‘94. The Vleim boys were pretty solid for them. Rhame beat them in the championship of the Hettinger Holiday Tournament that year and knocked them off their perch. The district looked a lot different even then...the Regent Rangers, Mott Cardinals, South Heart Eagles, Belfield Bantams, Hettinger Black Devils and Scranton Miners all hadn’t entered into co-op yet

I was gone in 1994 too.  That 1983 Black Devils team...scary good.