i wouldn’t let players practice free throws during practice

too many other things to work on they can practice those on their own time 

1 minute ago, Kab said:

Brown is afraid to shoot

over 20 turnovers is a disaster

free throws suck too

i wouldn’t let players practice free throws during practice

too many other things to work on they can practice those on their own time 

I don't know how someone, who shot 47% last year from 3, is now scarred. 

He has passed up so many open looks this year, I've lost count. 

Brown with another bagel. 

If Moody was healthy, I think the switch would have been made in the lineup, but since there is no real alternative other than starting Brady or Davids (which is a stretch) , there really isn't a choice but to keep running him out there. 

Walter had a clunker due to foul trouble, but compared to last year 9 points would have been a good outing (that's how much he has stepped up this year)

Beat WIU next week.  Then split against SDSU/NDSU, then steal one in Omaha. 

Get to 8-8, that might be enough for 4th place in the league. 

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

I would rest R at WIU

he could be done for season if he keeps injuring that ankle 

That’s going to be to me the big story the rest of the way:  he needs to be fully healthy if this team is going make a surprise run in Sioux Falls.  They only play once this week so he could get the time to heal but they can beat WIU without him. 

That’s a tough turnaround time, play Thursday night and then a Saturday afternoon game.

players have school Friday ,need film time and a practice Friday.

SD had all week to scout and practice, just part of the schedule that each team has to go thru  tho.

4 minutes ago, Herd said:

What is the objective opinion of being in the Summit vs the Big Sky?   (Question not meant to anything more than a question.  I know the Hawks had some stronger teams in past years)

Imo its pretty much the same this year.  Top teams are much better than the bottom.  Schedule sucks as far as consistency, I miss the Thursday/Saturday thing.  Will take some time to build up rivalries and scoreboard watch.

1 minute ago, Herd said:

What is the objective opinion of being in the Summit vs the Big Sky?   (Question not meant to anything more than a question.  I know the Hawks had some stronger teams in past years)

Do I miss player Weber and Montana twice a year?  Yes, I do.

However, I definitely have enjoyed watching UND play against the Dakota 3 again, and Omaha (even if they haven't beaten them yet in league play).  I have enjoyed UND playing against ORU and Denver as well.  I could give or take on WIU, Fort Wayne (and soon to be Kansas City)

Having the opportunity to go to Sioux Falls every year for the conference tournament is a very attractive option for me.  I could never see myself going to Boise or Reno to watch. 

I like that I can watch on ESPN3 and ESPN+ ($50 a year isn't bad) and not having to deal with Pluto TV is a nice thing.

As to whether the team would have finished higher in the standings in the BSC last year and this year?  I doubt it.  They still would have made it to Boise yes, but they wouldn't have been a threat.   

I hope Sather can make UND a consistent threat in the Summit.  A Dakota 4 semi-final in the Summit Tournament is going to be fun (and this will happen sooner rather than later). 

14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Imo its pretty much the same this year.  Top teams are much better than the bottom.  Schedule sucks as far as consistency, I miss the Thursday/Saturday thing.  Will take some time to build up rivalries and scoreboard watch.

I hope when they get to 10 again, they can go to that format. 

13 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Do I miss player Weber and Montana twice a year?  Yes, I do.

However, I definitely have enjoyed watching UND play against the Dakota 3 again, and Omaha (even if they haven't beaten them yet in league play).  I have enjoyed UND playing against ORU and Denver as well.  I could give or take on WIU, Fort Wayne (and soon to be Kansas City)

Having the opportunity to go to Sioux Falls every year for the conference tournament is a very attractive option for me.  I could never see myself going to Boise or Reno to watch. 

I like that I can watch on ESPN3 and ESPN+ ($50 a year isn't bad) and not having to deal with Pluto TV is a nice thing.

As to whether the team would have finished higher in the standings in the BSC last year and this year?  I doubt it.  They still would have made it to Boise yes, but they wouldn't have been a threat.   

I hope Sather can make UND a consistent threat in the Summit.  A Dakota 4 semi-final in the Summit Tournament is going to be fun (and this will happen sooner rather than later). 

I agree, there aren’t too many teams in the summit that I can’t get up for.  PFW has been really good in past years, so even that game has had its moments.  I like umkc’s location, but they were really weak in their last summit stint, so we’ll see.  Western is probably the worst as far as location and fan support, but their teams have been respectable most years.  ORU and Denver are quality schools in good cities.