SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (11-13, 5-5) vs USD (17-8, 7-3) 2/8 2 PM

SWSiouxMN

Some Big Sky teams just can't climb out of cellar except once in a decade:. Montana St, Idaho St, SUU, NAU, SacSt, even PSU and the BSC doesn't seem to do anything to improve them.  The bad teams in the Summit have found other conferences, like Chi St, IUPUI, SUU, PFW, and hopefully WIU.  Oakland and Valpo were honor grads.

24 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

SWSiouxMinn:

Were you a fan of any Dakota team.before UND in HS?

Been to the Sioux Falls tourney before?

I have not been to the tourney.  I didn't get to go last year and not sure if I will get the chance this year, but it is on my list.

My dad's side of the family is from South Dakota and my grandpa is an SDSU alum so I am close to SDSU.  My parents wanted me to go to SDSU (for a variety of reasons) since it was an hour away but it didn't have my major and I really didn't want to go there (wanted to go a little farther away and do something different).

Heard lots of great stories from the NCC from both my dad and grandpa, and yes the stories of dead coyotes and bunnies were included. 

9 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I have not been to the tourney.  I didn't get to go last year and not sure if I will get the chance this year, but it is on my list.

My dad's side of the family is from South Dakota and my grandpa is an SDSU alum so I am close to SDSU.  My parents wanted me to go to SDSU (for a variety of reasons) since it was an hour away but it didn't have my major and I really didn't want to go there (wanted to go a little farther away and do something different).

Heard lots of great stories from the NCC from both my dad and grandpa, and yes the stories of dead coyotes and bunnies were included. 

Had to figure that you have SD mbb parents or grandparents.  Your great mbb writing style seems to prove that you want to show your grandparent a little up with history and school performance.  UND used to be a Mbb school too, as late as the 1990’s but especially in the 60’s and 70’s;  Hyslop vs Old REA wasn’t that much different.  But now the REA vs the Betty isn’t even close. Same is true for football even the first years that the Alerus was open. But now, it’s almost all hockey.

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2020 at 8:46 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Have we settled for average? Hopefully with a new coach average is the lowest line we have to deal with. I have fond memories of being good.

We just hired someone who doesn't have his own guys in the program yet. Give it a few years and I think we will be much better.

On 2/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

I agree and agree

that said I am disappointed in how we got to the situation in the first place.

as we all are

On 2/11/2020 at 8:08 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

That's what 10 years of little to no leadership at the top of UND will produce. Bad outcomes.

Contact handling, Recruiting decisions and misses and bit by the transfer bug.  

Since they made the dance, it has been a long 3 years.... 

For now:  Lets hope Sather can hit on a few recruits for next year.  

• Upvote 1