SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (8-8, 2-0) vs Omaha (9-8, 2-0) 1/8 7:00 pm

SWSiouxMN

Stood around and watch them get rebounds cost the game

need to go and dunk when DAE could have instead of getting shot blocked, at least would have been fouled

walters, was the Walters of last year 

Rough night tonight especially on way they called the game it made it hard for us to match up with them they were just more physical and effected us on the offensive end of the game. I was impressed that we came back several times on them and I like this in this team. Also there guards hit some very big shots on outside in first half late that opened up game for them which in end was the difference in the game.  We sure could use another physical guard to help match up with Omaha but we don't and when we sit Marlon Stuart it really shows up out on the court. I think if outside shooting  would have had been better in the second half  we could have beat this team it will be interesting second time around to see how coaching staff prepares for the game I have feeling its going to be very competitive game on the road. Both Walter and Rebraca had horrible night shooting the basketball with both getting shots that should have been made they couldn't buy shot last night. I was impressed though they controlled turnovers last night without that this game would have been a blow out for Omaha. I still think if they continue improve controlling basketball and do what they are capable of they have chance to beat anyone in this conference. I also believe this coaching staff is going to better prepare them and have game plans improve as they learn this conference this year. I believe by end of year nobody will want to play these guys in the tournament because they could be dangerous team by then.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Rough night tonight especially on way they called the game it made it hard for us to match up with them they were just more physical and effected us on the offensive end of the game. I was impressed that we came back several times on them and I like this in this team. Also there guards hit some very big shots on outside in first half late that opened up game for them which in end was the difference in the game.  We sure could use another physical guard to help match up with Omaha but we don't and when we sit Marlon Stuart it really shows up out on the court. I think if outside shooting  would have had been better in the second half  we could have beat this team it will be interesting second time around to see how coaching staff prepares for the game I have feeling its going to be very competitive game on the road. Both Walter and Rebraca had horrible night shooting the basketball with both getting shots that should have been made they couldn't buy shot last night. I was impressed though they controlled turnovers last night without that this game would have been a blow out for Omaha. I still think if they continue improve controlling basketball and do what they are capable of they have chance to beat anyone in this conference. I also believe this coaching staff is going to better prepare them and have game plans improve as they learn this conference this year. I believe by end of year nobody will want to play these guys in the tournament because they could be dangerous team by then.

1000+

Four things I liked about last night

1) Kept the turnovers down to around 10 (step in the right direction)

2) Still shot well from the line (17-20)

3) Despite poor shooting, still had a chance in the end

4) Billy Brown's play

What I didn't like

1) Very little production from the bench

2) Struggles of Rebraca and Walter

3) the last offensive rebound given up

The road trip is going to be tough and they could come back to Grand Forks 2-4 in the conference play if they are not careful.  However, all 3 games are winnable if they bring the team that Nebraska and Fort Wayne

This is a good Omaha squad that will be in the title hunt, but UND needs to beat them someday, hopefully in the rematch down in Omaha.