SiouxSports.com Forum

season ticket distribution

jerseychaser1

We can't start standing in line for season tickets until Friday at 8 AM? I'm bummed. At least we don't have to wait until Sunday this time. ???

Who all is going to stand in line?

8 AM? Crapolla. I'll be there mighty early. I'm gonna have to make my appearance to claim my spot and then leave for class cause I think I got a test. Poop.

Hockey Ticket Distribution Process.

In order to facilitate a fair, easy ticket distribution process, while

still addressing many of the concerns students had last year, Student

Government, in cooperation with the Sporting Event Atmosphere committee,

has developed a modified plan for this year. The plan includes both a

line system and a lottery.

First and foremost, tickets will go on sale, Saturday September 18th at

12:00pm. Students will not be allowed to gather on the property prior

to Friday Sept.17th at 8:00AM.

Students will be allowed to form groups of 1-4 people. One person will

be required to stay in line at all times, representing the group, as we

will be verifying your presence throughout the weekend.

In order to help assure this, as well as to diminish the amount of

budging, we are asking that students stop in the Student Government

office beginning Friday, Sept. 3rd to pick up a registration card. Each

student in the group will print his/her name and NAID number on the card

solidifying their position in the group.

As students enter into the line, officials will stamp their

registration card with a number signaling their place in line. By

identifying the registration cards we will be able to accurately

maintain a list of how many people are in line, and communicate that to

students nearing the end. Ralph Engelstad Arena policy states that

every ticket must be paid for on Saturday, therefore all members must be

present that day. Exceptions will be made to limited requests.

The following Monday (August 20th), Students who did not receive a

ticket, or who were unable to wait in line, will be given the

opportunity to enter into a lottery for the last two rows of Sections

108-109. The lottery winners will be posted at REA that Friday at noon.

A detailed list of all policies will be available in the Student

Government office when you pick up your registration card.

8 AM? Crapolla. I'll be there mighty early. I'm gonna have to make my appearance to claim my spot and then leave for class cause I think I got a test. Poop.

You have a test already?

School just started on Tuesday. Who gives tests already?

I want names.

You have a test already?

School just started on Tuesday. Who gives tests already?

I want names.

Well it's not till the 17th. That isn't unusual.

jloos, you pay for my ticket and you can join my group. ??? Actually our group is already full. I think limiting them to four people is a bit too low. Groups of six would be better I think.

jloos, you pay for my ticket and you can join my group. :( Actually our group is already full. I think limiting them to four people is a bit too low. Groups of six would be better I think.

It says groups of 1-4. I can be there at 8:00 on Fri, but I have 4 hours of class on fri (which isn't supposed to happen my 3rd year ??? ). Maybe I can get behind you guys in line and keep me and my wife's registration cards there. I can get back in line Fri afternoon/evening and again Sat morning. I can't pay for anyone else's ticket, but I may be able to by you a grinder assuming the RP will be there again.

You don't have to buy any body anything. I'm sure someone will have room in their group, especially if you are ahead of them and let them join your group. I have one class on friday, but I'm sure that is when they'll be checking. Right now I only know when one person in my group has classes, so I'm not sure on alot.

I have a lot of questions regarding this.

I have no problem getting in a group, but I do work from 8am to 3:30pm on Friday, so I couldn't possibly get in line until then. Does that make me ineligible to be in that group?

Are these four people all the people that you are getting tickets for? Clarification: Last year we could get a ticket for a friend. Does this friend constitute a spot on the team?

Does everyone have to be present on Friday, September 3rd to pick up the card or can you send a proxy with your info to fill out the card?

Does the order in which you get the card on the 3rd determine where you are in line?

I'm far too stupid to be in Med School.

Redwing:

As long as you have your name down on the sheet for your group, you are ok. You don't have to be there as long as one person from your group is.

No buying tickets for others this year. You can only buy one ticket this year.

You just go to pick up a card on friday and keep it. You have everyone sign this card. Then you bring this card with you when you get it line. That is when it gets marked with what number you are in line.

No.

I'm far too stupid to be in Med School.

Redwing:

As long as you have your name down on the sheet for your group, you are ok. You don't have to be there as long as one person from your group is.

No buying tickets for others this year. You can only buy one ticket this year.

You just go to pick up a card on friday and keep it. You have everyone sign this card. Then you bring this card with you when you get it line. That is when it gets marked with what number you are in line.

No.

I wouldn't sell yourself short. A person doesn't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to get a graduate degree. Actually if you were a med student you would be wholed up studying and have no time for hockey, nor would you have time to chat on-line.

Although everyone doesn't have to be present on the 3rd to get their name on the card, everyone on the card must be present Saturday at noon to buy their ticket. They will be making allowances for extenuating circumstances (i.e. being in a wedding, etc.) and thus letting someone else buy your ticket for you. The nice thing is this way only 1 person out of the 4 has to be in line at any one time, cutting down on crowds at the Ralph and cutting down on everyone having to stand in line at all times. They will number the cards once the line has been established Friday morning. Basically it's a mad dash from 6th street to the Ralph since that is when the numbering (and therefore the order of buying tickets) takes place. I think it's the best way to make sure no cutting happens this year. I'm on the Student Events Atmopheric Committee (or whatever it's called) so if you have questions I should be able to answer them.

I'll be standing in line bright and early that morning, getting extremely drunk that night, and then waking up just in time to get my tickets.

PS: If I get pushed at all this year by anyone trying to move as close to the door as they can I may have to punch you..... :p

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized my wife is graduating in December. Will she be able to use a student ticket after that?

This Friday is the Malpractice Bowl so I'm not going to be able to stand in line much. I plan on being there early Fri morning, any one on this board mind if I leave our card with them so I don't lose my place in line? I hate being the guy that leaves and comes back expecting everyone else to let him back in line, but there is no way I can stand in line for two days.