SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-8, 0-0) @ DU (4-11, 0-1) 1/2 8 PM

SWSiouxMN

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Also controlling the boards.   Now if we can make more progress on limiting turnovers.  We will have turned the corner.

That will be the next step, if they can get it around 12 that would be excellent.

Now, the biggest culprits need to step it up (Rebraca, Walter, DAE) and take better care of the ball.  (I could throw Marlon in this as well, as he leads the team in total turnovers with 40, but has 76 assists and is almost have a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio, so it limits the damage a little bit).

• Upvote 1

I said in the 2019-2020 thread that the Seniors needed to step up their game for UND to get the most out of this season.  I feel comfortable in saying that Stewart has stepped his up so far to at least a borderline All-Summit team caliber.  I also think Walter has stepped up to a point where I feel he is a very capable starter and if he can continue to average double figures, it will help this team going forward.

Rebraca is nearly averaging a double-double and DAE has lived up to the hype.  I cannot wait to see how both of these players are one year from now, they will be monsters.

The issue going forward will this this:  Outside of these 4... What is UND going to get?  They need to get something from their bench.  Brady busts his butt, but he needs an entire offseason to work on his game.  G could be the guy, but he is saddled with foul trouble.  Panoam and Davids have settled the point guard position outside of Stewart but they need to be more of scoring threats.

Which brings me to Billy:

If Moody is going to be out (no idea when he is coming back), he needs to be the one that buries 3's.  Either the 46% he shot last year was a fluke, the 3 point line moving back has effected his game, or he is just in a monster slump that he cannot get out of, he just hasn't been that person.  He needs to be the guy that can hit the outside shot.  It really hurts that UND is missing that 2nd guard to pair with Marlon that would take this lineup to another level.   If Moody was healthy and effective, I wonder if a switch would have been made, but UND is in a catch 22, who would you start instead of Billy?