SiouxSports.com Forum

Lines for 2004-05

Kermit

Well I have never predicted lines before, but I would maybe like to see these:

1) Bo - Zajac - Murray

2) Porter - Genoway - Stafford

3) Prpich - McMahon - Fylling

4) Massen - Spirko - Kaip

I like Spirko down on the fourth until he adjusts to the speed, and players size in the WCHA. After that, who knows where he will fit into things. Like you have all said, lots of talent and potential, and I love our checking line, I would put them up against anyone in the NCAA.

SiouxHockey5

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started looking at these guys I couldn't figure out who the centermen would be this year. Then I realized that Zajac and Kaip were centers.

So here's how I think they will start out and then adjust as the year goes on:

Genoway centering Bochenski and Murray

McMahon centering Stafford and Fylling

Zajac centering Porter and Prpich

Kaip centering Spirko and Fabian

That leave Massen (Sr.), Cannady (Sr.), Marvin (jr) sitting in the stands. With this team being so senior laden they definitely need to work in 2 of the 3 new forwards at least. I think you'll see a lot of juggling at first to see if Massen or Cannady can play this year and also to see how Spirko,Kaip, and Zajac perform at the next level.

Greene/Jones

Schneider/Radke

Smaby/Fuher

Bina/Marvin/Foyt/anyone else

This is the year that Blais said he thought he'd win a national championship when he recruited all of these seniors. Here's hoping he's right.

Stack was concerned about centers. I think those would be:

Genoway, McMahon, Spirko, Zajac, Kaip.

(I think Murray and Stafford have centered at some point before UND.)

Let's get shooting side into the mix and really confuse the issue. :0

Left:

Prpich, Porter, Murray, Fabian, Spirko, Marvin*

Right:

Bochenski, Canady, Fylling, Genoway, Massen, McMahon, Stafford, Kaip, Zajac

* Looking at that list of defensemen, I think Lee will play as much wing as defense this year but the team will probably need him at defense in 2005 so you have to get him some games back there this year.

That clears things up a little bit.

Left Wing-Center-Right Wing

1. Murray-Zajac-Bochenski

2. Prpich-McMahon-Fylling

3. Spirko-Genoway-Stafford

4. Porter-Kaip-Massen

Press Row: Fabian, Canady.

Defensive Pairings:

Jones-Greene

Smaby-Fuher

Radke-Schneider

Bina-Marvin

Wow, are we loaded on defense!!!! :0

Goaltending:

To be continued, depending on new developments regarding one Nathan Ziegelmann.

That clears things up a little bit.

Left Wing-Center-Right Wing

1. Murray-Zajac-Bochenski

2. Prpich-McMahon-Fylling

3. Spirko-Genoway-Stafford

4. Porter-Kaip-Massen

Press Row: Fabian, Canady.

Defensive Pairings:

Jones-Greene

Smaby-Fuher

Radke-Schneider

Bina-Marvin

Wow, are we loaded on defense!!!! :0

Goaltending:

To be continued, depending on new developments regarding one Nathan Ziegelmann.

I like those lines

Stack was concerned about centers. I think those would be:

Genoway, McMahon, Spirko, Zajac, Kaip.

(I think Murray and Stafford have centered at some point before UND.)

A poster at the letsgokings site put this up about Murray. Of course it's just an anonymous message board post, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Murray move to center this year.

---------------------------

"A considerably stronger version of Brady Murray has showed up to this years camp. The Kings prospect and the WCHA's Rookie of Year has been busting his butt during the down time to prepare for his next season with the Fighting Sioux. His approach to this years camp has been more of a technically challenged one, than in the past. Many can tell you that Brady has grown, progressed and shined on his previous summer hockey retreats to Southern California. It appears that he is line for another challenge. Watch for a transition from winger to center during his sophmore campaign at North Dakota. This should explain why he has been anchoring a line flanked with Brown and Kanko during the developmetal session. Remember that line for future reference if all goes as planned."

If I'm not mistaken, Murray played center at Salmon Arm. He's certainly got the capability, which could open up the possibility of a Murray/Bochenski/Stafford first line. Not to take anything away from Colby, because I have complete faith that he could be very solid first line center.

Moreland should have stayed in Sioux Falls for a year to develop and make some room for him. Sando if he makes the cut will more than likely be red shirted or both will red shirt if both make it.

Both Moreland and Sando have big time shots. These are NHL type shots. Sando is easily strong enough to handle NCAA hockey. The Sioux need someone with Bochenski to put the puck through the net.

Both Moreland and Sando have big time shots. These are NHL type shots. Sando is easily strong enough to handle NCAA hockey. The Sioux need someone with Bochenski to put the puck through the net.

Not to knock Moreland or Sando, because I haven't seen them play, but Sando had 12 goals in 55 games last year in the USHL. That doesn't seem to portend him being an NHL type shooter. Moreland is a bit of a mystery because he's only got a few USHL games under his belt.

As for Murray playing center, I think he would do an excellent job. This is going to be another great season.

I think Drew Sando will exceed every expectation placed upon in his 4+ years at UND. He's a local product with an outstanding work ethic, big time speed and strength, and a role player that this team needs. He did score 12 goals last year-not alot by anyone's standards especially UND's. But he played on a terrible team with a coach that acted more like a kid at times than his players. He is surrounded by stucture and discpline that could potentially stamp all-American on hockey resume before he leaves.

He's a 4.0 student who will be an asset to this team on and off the ice. Look for him to do incredible things.

I think Drew Sando will exceed every expectation placed upon in his 4+ years at UND. He's a local product with an outstanding work ethic, big time speed and strength, and a role player that this team needs. He did score 12 goals last year-not alot by anyone's standards especially UND's. But he played on a terrible team with a coach that acted more like a kid at times than his players. He is surrounded by stucture and discpline that could potentially stamp all-American on hockey resume before he leaves.

He's a 4.0 student who will be an asset to this team on and off the ice. Look for him to do incredible things.

What, are you his dad or his agent? :0:lol:

All American potential?! Silly me I was simply hoping he would make the team. 12 goals in 55 games does not illustrate sniper potential regardless of the coaching/off-ice issues. I don't think it's fair to heap accolades and high expectations on Moreland and Sando until 1) they make the team and 2) they earn some ice time. I would love to see them both make it and actually be good enough to play, but I'm taking a wait and see approach at this time.

Unless I'm mistaken, Spirko was a two-time World Jr. participant. I think he will play 40+ games this season. That said:

Murray - Spirko - Bochenski

Zajac - Stafford - Porter

Prpich - McMahon - Fylling

Kaip - Genoway - Massen

Why not throw Spirko into the top line and really distribute the offense? Just an idea. This fourth line would be the best in the nation, IMO.

sorry i am having a hard time seeing genoway as a fourth liner i think he will be mixing it up between 1 and 2 line..he had a really great year and was sort of the unsung hero on the team for scoring

i agree. genoway is a great talent. he didn't get the accolades that bochenski and parise did, but their numbers were in another league (amongst the hobey high numbers). i think genoway will center the first line on starting night at the ralph. i think spirko's size and college inexperience will take a little adjustment (the first weekend anyways).

1-Murray - Genoway - Bochenski

2-Zajac - Stafford - Porter

3-Prpich - McMahon - Fylling

4-Kaip - Spirko - Massen

with 2 and 3 interchangable depending on when the opposing team's first line will play.

let's hope that all line adjustments will be made early and all lines will fire every night unlike a couple of years ago when lines were still being shuffled going into the ncaa's before that humiliating loss to ferris state. i hope massen can turn up his game to the levelof his sophomore year. this should be an incredible team this year with many highlights from many players.

i agree. genoway is a great talent. he didn't get the accolades that bochenski and parise did, but their numbers were in another league (amongst the hobey high numbers). i think genoway will center the first line on starting night at the ralph. i think spirko's size and college inexperience will take a little adjustment (the first weekend anyways).

1-Murray - Genoway - Bochenski

2-Zajac - Stafford - Porter

3-Prpich - McMahon - Fylling

4-Kaip - Spirko - Massen

with 2 and 3 interchangable depending on when the opposing team's first line will play.

let's hope that all line adjustments will be made early and all lines will fire every night unlike a couple of years ago when lines were still being shuffled going into the ncaa's before that humiliating loss to ferris state. i hope massen can turn up his game to the levelof his sophomore year. this should be an incredible team this year with many highlights from many players.

massen as a whole another level that he can go to but he really needs to step it up if he wants to see action...canady and fabian will really have to prove that they can play at this level..i also agree with your lines as well and that they may need to be moved around for certain games etc