SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol to be named coach.

U2Bad1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Blais mug in articles and behind the bench on TV, came to me that I wouldn't recognize the "others" behind the bench, so, had to see what Hak looks like:

153.jpg

And, his bio. A captain whereever he played, and, I don't mind seeing a Canadian at the helm.

Another question will be......will they be able to attract the top recruits without Blaiser? That will be tough, because recruits like Zach Parise look at the head coach and want to know if he will be able to prepare him best for the next level. Zach came to UND because he knew that nobody prepares you for the NHL like Dean Blais. But when a recruit would talk to Blaiser about this, Blaiser would talk to the recruit about being coached by guys like Hak and Brad Berry. He would talk about their playing experience in the NHL and how that experience will best prepare them for the next level. Not all programs have great assistants with NHL experience.

Here's a comment from Brian Lee in the Forum story about his commitment that speaks directly to this:

Brian Lee Commitment

The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder said he was sold on the Sioux based on their rink and their coaches -- two of which, Brad Berry and Dave Hokstol, are former pro-level defensemen.

Sprig thats music to my ears. I can't wait. The duck numbers are looking awesome so far. September Goose is shaping up to be a dandy too.

Ducks and hockey simultaneously; what could be better ;)

Ducks and hockey simultaneously; what could be better ;)

The good news is that for the first time since UND moved into the REA only one weekend in October (Gophers Series the weekend of the 23rd of October) will conflict with Duck season and pheasant hunting. So I am really excited. Also my new yellow lab puppy will be ready to go as he is off being finished as we speak.

I've read all these threads & have to put in my $.02.

I'm a die hard Sioux fan, but from a different perspective. I can't claim alumni status as many vets do here, but will always follow The Fighting Sioux.

I recently talked to a Sioux hockey player alum & asked his opinion on the recent happenings at UND. His comment was, " The best coaching staff I have ever played for."

This past weekend was a gathering of former Sioux players & the topic of conversation was DB leaving & his successor. Consensus opinion was that Haskol was the best coach for the job & he had it locked up.

Hask & Berry were brought in for a reason when Sandy left. Get the next guys ready & into the system before DB leaves. DB leaving was a big surprise to all.

Everyone knew he wanted to move up, but it wasn't expected this year.

The grooming of former Sioux players for hockey coaching positions at UND will be the norm for many years to come. Why not have the guys that were involved in making the program great, involved in passing that attitude onto the new recruits. Names have been mentioned & I'm all for that tradition to continue.

If you brought in the right person to take over the team, why bother to waste the time involved in a "Search for the best candidate."

If the Sioux hockey Alum pick Haskol as the next and best candidate for the job, I will tend to agree with them.

Also my new yellow lab puppy will be ready to go as he is off being finished as we speak.

What's left to do on him... new paint job? ;):)

I agree... finally have a perfect October this year. Only one home series, and it's the vermin... perfect!

What's left to do on him... new paint job? ;):)

Lube job and rotate the paws? ;);)

How about Roger Thomas sits down with someone, explains the formal process he has to go through (being a bureaucratic institution like an American university there must be one), and we get the story straight once and end all this rumor and speculation.

How about Roger Thomas sits down with someone, explains the formal process he has to go through (being a bureaucratic institution like an American university there must be one), and we get the story straight once and end all this rumor and speculation.

And what fun would that be? :);)