SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-1) vs Concordia (NE) (4-3) 11/20 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

Players can choose to redshirt before the season.  As has been described on the broadcasts, Hazekamp was asked if he would like to redshirt but he wanted to play right away.  Not sure Jal was approached the same way.  But each incoming player knows they have the option to take a redshirt.  

Radio pre-game show said last night if this was late season, Walter would have played both the Morris game and the Concordia game, however...his injury does not appear to major as Ralston said he saw him on the bike a little at practice the last few days.  I think they are just taking a cautious approach at this point of the season.

I think both Rebraca and Walter offer a nice 1-2 punch at that power forward spot. 

This year I’ve also been pleasantly surprised with Brooks- has a good motor.  Even if it’s only for 3 to 6 minutes a game, he might be able to give just enough in his role, and he seems to embrace it.  Hazekamp was a little off last night but I’ve liked him so far, as he’s taller than Moody and get his shot up and over players.   

I’ve gone into the year thinking there will be good moments and bad in each game this season.  I just like that there seems to be a nice core, that can build to the future.

12 hours ago, tnt said:

I guess I kind of look at it like we aren't going to be world beaters this year anyway, so why not have Jal around when he has already added weight and muscle and will be more of an impact player.   I wish they would have redshirted Weston Dressler for the same reason, because as little as they used him his freshman year, could you imagine what that last year would have been like for him. 

I would not red-shirt him, or any player with decent potential, at our level as he likely won't be around for his 4th season. If he develops into a good player there's the risk /chance he will just graduate transfer out anyhow 3 years later down the road.   We did the same with Crandell...  

22 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I would not red-shirt him, or any player with decent potential, at our level as he likely won't be around for his 4th season. If he develops into a good player there's the risk /chance he will just graduate transfer out anyhow 3 years later down the road.   We did the same with Crandell...  

Or they can use their redshirt year to sit out if they want to transfer. Double edge sword. 

22 hours ago, GDPritch said:

True, but I think he has a pretty good relationship with Jones, as I thought he had a lot of offers from other schools, but yeah, a lot could happen to change his mind.