SiouxSports.com Forum

Ballard gone

fargosioux

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Hauser to return, everytime he played the Sioux, he crapped himself and let in a ton of goals

There have been worse Gopher goalies. Hauser did win at both the old and new Ralphs'. Of course I think he may have been pulled in both arenas as well. :D

There have been worse Gopher goalies. Hauser did win at both the old and new Ralphs'. Of course I think he may have been pulled in both arenas as well. :D

Would you go so far as saying Hauser was as hated by Sioux fans as Blake was hated by Gopher fans? Poll.........

Would you go so far as saying Hauser was as hated by Sioux fans as Blake was hated by Gopher fans? Poll.........

Unlikely. I stopped hating the Sioux when Blake left. Would any of you consider saying that about the Gophers now that Hauser is gone?

Unlikely. I stopped hating the Sioux when Blake left. Would any of you consider saying that about the Gophers now that Hauser is gone?

No. I hate the Gophers no matter who plays for them. Dagwood Don is enough reason to hate the Goofs in and of itself. Not even going to mention how much everyone (even teammates, most likely) hate Vanek.

Please cite your source for Vanek's teammates not liking him. Thanks.

That's Rick. It is/was probably accurate for some of the players at some points during last season. However, I'm guessing nobody would have said a bad thing about him in April of '03 and also I doubt any player would go on record saying that they hope Vanek leaves. I could be completely wrong and Rick could be completely right, but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Please cite your source for Vanek's teammates not liking him. Thanks.

Let me tell you I am hearing from a source close to the Gopher progam. That Vanek is a cancer in the locker room, its also come up in the media. Sioux fans we heard hennesey talking about it last winter on the coaches show or maybe in the morning but Tim has brought this up. Its been out there for a while. T.C. You need to take your marroon and gold goggles off and listen.

Let me tell you I am hearing from a source close to the Sioux progam. That Bochenski is a cancer in the locker room, its also come up in the media. Gopher fans we heard sid hartman talking about it last winter on the coaches show or maybe in the morning but Sid has brought this up. Its been out there for a while. Goon You need to take your green and white goggles off and listen.

That's Rick. It is/was probably accurate for some of the players at some points during last season. However, I'm guessing nobody would have said a bad thing about him in April of '03 and also I doubt any player would go on record saying that they hope Vanek leaves. I could be completely wrong and Rick could be completely right, but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

While I enjoy a juicy rumor about something revolving around a rival program as much as the next guy, most of the comments on this thread about Vanek are pretty much nonsense.

I don't go to as many of the Gopher road games as some people I know so I don't see as much of the interaction between the players on the road (where full team interaction is at its closest) as they do but somebody I know who does extensively travel with the team had the following to say.

"The "vanek is a cancer in the locker room" is nothing more than grand forks wishful thinking. Any concern fellow players might have with Thomas is not how he acts in the locker room or getting along with the players. From what i've seen its that they want him to deal with things better when he is having an off-night. But as for getting along... that's ridiculous. I am with these guys at airports, after games, in restuarants, etc. and the guys like being around him."

I realize I am on "enemy turf" but I think much of what is being said here is slanted more toward what the audience desires to see as opposed to what is actually going on. I totally understand that as it happens elsewhere too. Of course, it is up to you to decide for yourself but anybody around the program knows much of the slant on here about it is a fallacy.

Back to your regularly scheduled fest of half truths and slandering the enemy. :D

Let me tell you I am hearing from a source close to the Sioux progam. That Bochenski is a cancer in the locker room, its also come up in the media. Gopher fans we heard sid hartman talking about it last winter on the coaches show or maybe in the morning but Sid has brought this up. Its been out there for a while. Goon You need to take your green and white goggles off and listen.

TC you need to snoop around a bit. Its out there.

I realize I am on "enemy turf" but I think much of what is being said here is slanted more toward what the audience desires to see as opposed to what is actually going on.

Shall I scurry off and post that in roughly half the threads over in POI as well?

What did Don Lucia mean when he was quoted earlier this year (in MSP media, and still on http://www.prideonice.com/) when he made his notorious post-game, gesturing toward a silent locker room, statements:

''Ask them,'' (Lucia) said, . "They're the ones who have all the answers.''

Clearly there was a rift in the Minnesota room. Who was the cause?

Shall I scurry off and post that in roughly half the threads over in POI as well?

As I said, it happens elsewhere. I am fair enough to point out it happens there at times as well.

As far your quote from Lucia, taking the comment of a head coach that was frustrated after a disappointing/frustrating loss and extrapolating it to mean there were major issues between certain players is a bit much. Especially focusing it on one player. I don't see how you see the name "Vanek" when he specifically mentioned "players" in general.

If I recall correctly, the comment in question was made not because of any rift but because he felt the effort wasn't there and felt the team needed to explain themselves because they weren't doing the right things that game. Of course, maybe you read in between the lines and see things that aren't there. I can't answer that.

I asked a question because I don't know: "Who was the cause?"

You replied, " ... the comment in question was made not because of any rift but because he (Lucia) felt the effort wasn't there ... "

Let me reiterate a key part of what you said: " ... the effort wasn't there ... "

Does anyone have a tape so I can see who wasn't putting out the effort?

I think I'm more than reasonably safe to assume it wasn't Riddle, Koalska, Ballard, or Grant Potulny letting Lucia down. I'll need to see the tape to figure it out from there.