SiouxSports.com Forum

Ballard gone

fargosioux

but MAYBE it'd improve his golf game! :D

WPoS

Ah, not really. Its going to take more than fancy colors for me to play good. Putter has gone cold this year. However, I do try to keep color cordinated. If you can't play good at lest look good. So I can't blame the equipment or the clothing.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I enjoy a juicy rumor about something revolving around a rival program as much as the next guy, most of the comments on this thread about Vanek are pretty much nonsense.

I don't go to as many of the Gopher road games as some people I know so I don't see as much of the interaction between the players on the road (where full team interaction is at its closest) as they do but somebody I know who does extensively travel with the team had the following to say.

I realize I am on "enemy turf" but I think much of what is being said here is slanted more toward what the audience desires to see as opposed to what is actually going on. I totally understand that as it happens elsewhere too. Of course, it is up to you to decide for yourself but anybody around the program knows much of the slant on here about it is a fallacy.

Back to your regularly scheduled fest of half truths and slandering the enemy. ;)

I don't pretend to know the situation with Vanek and his teammates, but why do we really care? Vanek is a great player when he wants to play. He is a natural goal scorer that scores big goals. We also know that he is sometimes lazy, particularly on defense. Brett Hull survived many years doing the same thing until Ken Hitchcock made him play defense.

Whether Vanek gets along with his teammates is really irrelevant. We have all heard the rumors (including Gopher fans) but they are rumors. The same type of rumors were made about Jason Blake, and ironically, many Gopher fans liked to spread those rumors. Thus, Hammy does have a point that it is the rivalry that makes these rumors even worth talking about. My point is that I don't like rumormongoring and, even if the rumors are true, no one can really say with a straight face that the Gophers are a better team without Vanek even if it is true that he's a "cancer."

Despite Vanek's weaknesses, I would like to see him gone because I'm a Sioux fan and he makes the Gophers a much better team even with any baggage. :D

A year ago, all we heard was that the Gophers were loaded with talent. Everyone was coming back with the exception of Martin. A 3-peat was assured. Well, what happened was that Vanek came back with an attitude and took the team down with him. Let