SiouxSports.com Forum

Calgary's Commodore

Supertrex

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don Cherry on CBC had a red wig on tonight and I think it was in honor of Comodore but he didn't say and he wasn't asked by Ron McClain.

From today's Fargo Forum:

"Hockey Night in Canada" commentator Don Cherry wore an outlandish red wig during the pregame show in tribute to Flames D Mike Commodore, whose bushy hair and beard have made him a cult hero across Canada.

Let's see, start college at about 18. Average college diploma takes 120 to 150 credit hours. At 3 credit hours per semester, 6 per year, that'd be 20 to 25 years.

Diggler's a year away making him, roughly, in his early 40s.

That makes Diggler about half as old as PCM! :D

Man, you are not kidding! Tonight's game was awesome!!! I admit I came into this series with high hopes - I have been rooting for both these teams since the beginning of the playoffs. But man, I for one could not be more pleased with this final :sad:

Well, it looks like Commodore's run is over...Lydman is back in so he's out. He should be proud of what he did and what he contributed. If Calgary wins the Cup, his name will be on it and it will be well deserved.

That said, I hope he gets a chance somewhere else. I know Sutter's job is to put the best team he can on the ice (in his opinion), but I wish he would have left Commie in for the duration...apparantly, he is not very impressed with Mike or feels he lacks offensive skills - Montador is still in. I'm sure Commodore has a good attitude about it. Afterall, had Lydman not been injured, he would not have played a minute.

Anyone think Commodore has a future with this team???

That was going to be my question. How many games during the playoffs must a player play in order to get his name on the cup (should the team he is on win it all)? If Commie doesn't get to play any more games this season, would he get his name on the cup if Calgary wins it all?

IMO, Commie really needs to work on his skating to move to the next level. He seems to get turned around and can get caught out of position in his own zone. He's tough and physical, like a good d-man should be, but he lacks good mobility especially on rushes.

That said, I think he works hard and seems to make his presence felt, and I really loved seeing him on the cover of The Hockey News. :sad:

Coach Sutter mentioned somewhere that Commie would bring an offensive presence to the game. I don't know if Commie has ever been considered an offensive threat. Could this new expectation coupled with the stresses of the playoffs affected Commie's game?

And I think Commie has a future in the NHL.

That was going to be my question. How many games during the playoffs must a player play in order to get his name on the cup (should the team he is on win it all)? If Commie doesn't get to play any more games this season, would he get his name on the cup if Calgary wins it all?

Mike has played enough games to get his name on the cup...

The cup is coming to GF if they win tomorrow.

Commodore already said somewhere that he would take it to the School where his Mom is the principle. He would use the cup as a hair cut bucket when he cuts his hair for cancer charity.