SiouxSports.com Forum

Gala Auction

OETKB

If you haven't seen the auction items online, remember that you don't have to buy a ticket to the event to place a proxy bid. I mention it here because there is quite a bit of hockey stuff listed.

My friend & I created the hockey shield (steel wall hanging), so I went to check on how it looked in the photo. Hope somebody likes it.

No offense meant, but I think it would attract more bidders with the correct logo... :D

My friend, John, was "the artist". It was his call, but the "geo" logo is still used at UND and was the logo in place at our last NC, so it was okay, IMO.

Regardless, it sure was fun using a plasma torch to cut the plate and then grinding away on it with a standing belt sander. Sparks flying. One-on-one street hockey afterward. Great stuff.

If I had anything to suggest, I would say make the price to attend a little lower and then work on getting more donations of bid items of all different price ranges. I really wanted to go, but the $75 a person held me back, even if it did include food. The more people there, the more bids, the more money brought in.

I think even though you could bid online, half the fun is being present during an auction.

Of course, it may be that a "gala" is just too classy for my blood. :D