• Colorado
    • Detroit
    • San Jose
    • Tampa
    • Toronto
    • Philly
    • Other

redwing,

It sounds as if you know very little about Keith Primeau. I suggest you watch him in person or throughout the course of a season. He is anything BUT a cheap player.

You want cheap? How about that bearded little crybaby midget, Mary SanLouis intentionally slashing at Alex Zhamnov's bare hand. If this happened to someone int he green/white you guys would be going nuts.

Actually...Primeau is a little cheap. Not as much as he used to be, but he still is.

Oh, and St. Louis takes one slash and all of a sudden is cheap (not to mention he was slashed just before that :sad: )

This is a great series...either team can take this, but I think in the end Tampa will come out on top. If they can shut Primeau down, it's on to the Stanley Cup Finals.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redwing,

It sounds as if you know very little about Keith Primeau.  I suggest you watch him in person or throughout the course of a season.  He is anything BUT a cheap player.

You want cheap?  How about that bearded  little crybaby midget,  Mary SanLouis intentionally slashing at Alex Zhamnov's bare hand.  If this happened to someone int he green/white you guys would be going nuts.

How many times have St Louis man handled a Flyer's player? Seemed like the only one doing the manhandling was Primeau. Of course, if St Louis getting manhandled is no surprise since he is faster and smaller than most (if not all) of the Flyers players. You can't stop someone who is going to fly past you unless you mug him. We all know that. :sad: The fact is, Philadelphia is a physical team that uses raw talent and size to win games. Tampa Bay is a finesse/speed style team that uses size, speed, stick handling, and positioning to win games. When a physical team meets a fast team, generally, they can't keep up unless they mug. This is not saying that Tampa Bay is more talented. I think talent-wise the flyers have the edge and then some.

And, I know enough about Primeau. I remember at one point, he wore the number 55 for the Wings before bolting for the Hurricanes. He was then acquired by the Flyers in the Brind'Amour trade. Of course, he was being marketted because he was becoming a locker room cancer in Carolina. I will admit Primeau is far less cheap than he used to be, but he's still cheap enough to warrant being put down like I do. Primeau can score goals, he's not the dedicated goon like Scott Parker, Peter Worrell, or Donaled Brashear but he can be cheap at times. He was showing that for the entire game.

Like MNS says, one slash doesn't make a player cheap. I waited until most, if not all of the game, was completed before making my statement on Primeau. In that time I didn't just see one cheap shot, I saw plenty. I saw PLENTY of after whistle scrums (don't know if Philadelphia started them, I admit) and I can't stand that.

I'm not as positive as MNS is about this series. Philly is making this close. I am hoping for TB to pull it out, but the momentum it seems is in Philly right now. We'll have to see what happens.

I'm back... away too long, dumb@$$ school gets in the way of the important things in life like coming here to talk hockey...

Anyway, I admit bitter defeat with the damn Avalanche, I hope they're all having fun on the golf course. :sad:

I saw the OT goal by Simon Gagne yesterday and was quite happy. I've decided to cheer for Philly out of the remaining teams, being that I think Jeremy Roenick deserves a Cup. And I just can't bring myself to cheer for Jordan Leopold anymore.

What's everyone's prediction now? Only three left.

Elizabeth

I'm back... away too long, dumb@$$ school gets in the way of the important things in life like coming here to talk hockey...

Anyway, I admit bitter defeat with the damn Avalanche, I hope they're all having fun on the golf course. :sad:

I saw the OT goal by Simon Gagne yesterday and was quite happy. I've decided to cheer for Philly out of the remaining teams, being that I think Jeremy Roenick deserves a Cup. And I just can't bring myself to cheer for Jordan Leopold anymore.

What's everyone's prediction now? Only three left.

Elizabeth

Avs must wait their turn at the Tee! MNS, who's up? Has Cujo teed off yet or are they having difficulty determining which goaltender would do so? Hasek isn't trying to vie for tee time ahead of Cujo again, is he? :lol:

Well, Philly lost and JR can join Hasek and Sakic on the green. This continues my streak of teams losing that I want to win.

I'm going to remain neutral in the Cup finals. I can't take it anymore.

Elizabeth

With all due respect to everybody on this here board, I just want to say the this here series between the LIGHTING vs the FLYERS was a donnybrook. Furthermore, I can at least say that I did get my money's worth from this series. Now on to the finals. The Calgary Flames vs the Tampa Bay Lighting. I'm going with the LIGHTING the reason is that for one I'm from the Tampa Bay area. I'll say that the series will go seven. I don't know who said this but the comment was both teams play like the SIOUX. I hope that who ever said that comment is right on the money. So in closing "GO LIGHTING."

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

P.S. is Virg Foss going to cover the Stanley Cup finals for the Herald? If so please let me know something on that thank you.

Good for TB! I was doubting for a spell, but it's good to see them there. Bad for JR and possibly the ratings on TV.

Oh well. The last time we saw something like this was when Tennessee played St. Louis in the Super Bowl. Two small market teams in the big show. As bad as this is for ratings, I LOVE parity. It gives everyone for any team reason to root for their team because there is always a chance that they can win it all. This year is no exception in the NHL. Who'd've though at the beginning of the season that it would come down to Tampa Bay and Calgary?:sad:

All criticism aside, I do feel bad for those Flyers players who actually did try to play out hockey to their best. Players like JR, Leclair, Handzus, etc. Esche has shown that he can be a big time goaltender. Now, will they allow him to develop or will they do what they've done the last three years and run him out of town/trade him like they did to Boucher or Cechmanek?

Just got home from the game.

Flyers ran out of gas. Tampa's scoring depth and toughness surprised them and many Flyers fans, IMO. The Lightning are quick learners and were not about to allow a repeat of Thursday night. Flyers had few chances in the third.

I wore my Orange Crush t-shirt and most everyone was cool about it. The people who know me from the regular season and previous playoff rounds were very gracious winners. We were all happy that it was spectacular series.

I've said all along the winner in the East would prevail and I'll stick with that although my beloved Flyers are not the representatives as I had hoped they'd be.

Avs must wait their turn at the Tee! MNS, who's up? Has Cujo teed off yet or are they having difficulty determining which goaltender would do so? Hasek isn't trying to vie for tee time ahead of Cujo again, is he? :lol:

That would be the Flyers, the Dives were ahead of the Wings :lol:

izzi...never let school get in the way of hockey. :lol:

I said Tampa would win from the beginning...no sense in changing that now.

Go Lightning!!!

Well congrations (I think I spell that right if not please forgive me for my lousty spelling.). Anyway, Minnesota Norht Star for finally comming around to picking the LIGHTING to win the cup. I say this series will go seven & the reason being that these teams are more alike than anything I have seen over the years. I want to see Mike Commodore do good in this series. I just might get to sign that SIOUX jersey for me. Hey it's just a though. Well, I hoping for the best & I have my newphew camp out at to get some $8.00 tickets for tommorrow nights game. So "GO LIGHTING" & Lord Stanley 's cup needs a tan.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

. Well, I hoping for the best & I have my newphew camp out at to get some $8.00 tickets for tommorrow nights game.

Heard that $8 per ticket thing during the last game vs. Philly. Cool, but only 200 tickets, right?. Looked like the campout line might beat the Sioux student fall campout for tickets.

Well congrations (I think I spell that right if not please forgive me for my lousty spelling.). Anyway, Minnesota Norht Star for finally comming around to picking the LIGHTING to win the cup. I say this series will go seven & the reason being that these teams are more alike than anything I have seen over the years. I want to see Mike Commodore do good in this series. I just might get to sign that SIOUX jersey for me. Hey it's just a though. Well, I hoping for the best & I have my newphew camp out at to get some $8.00 tickets for tommorrow nights game. So "GO LIGHTING" & Lord Stanley 's cup needs a tan.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

I think Tampa Bay is loaded with speed and talent, Calgary can with this series but Nika is going to have to be on top of his game and stop everything that comes at him. The doors (Matador and Commedor) are going to get their time on the blue line.

I think Tampa Bay is loaded with speed and talent, Calgary can with this series but Nika is going to have to be on top of his game and stop everything that comes at him. The doors (Matador and Commedor) are going to get their time on the blue line.

I think we have a great offense (TB) going up against a great defense (Cal). Kiprusoff has proven that he is indeed the goalie of the playoffs this year (*eats crow re: Nabakov) and Calgary's defense has proven its depth despite key injuries. I had thought that when they traded Morris to Colorado, the defensive strength would go down with him.

What about Khabibulin? Well, I've known he was a great goaltender since he was with Phoenix. Only he got injured and his contract got messed up there and that removed him from his fair shot. Also, Phoenix is incredibly mismanaged (though it isn't as bad now as it was then). He is one of the better veteran butterfly-style goaltenders in the league. One of the fastest with his legs and has good recovery abilities. Kiprusoff is nimble as well, but I think he is a little better at positioning and anticipating through a screen than Khabibulin. My opinion, of course.

How can anyone really bet against Calgary at this point?

I picked Vancouver in the first round. I picked Detroit in the second round. Against San Jose I wasn't so sure, but I figured all of the injuries would eventually push Calgary's lack-of-depth past the limit, not to mention their all-out style.

But here we are and Calgary is in the Stanley Cup final. I, for one, can no longer bet against these guys, although I might just do that to keep the reverse karma.

BTW, while I was home in Canada this weekend I saw that Mike Commodore - and his hair - graces the cover of the latest edition of The Hockey News. However, the version issued in the U.S. has Iginla, Primeau, Nabokov and Brad Richards on the cover.

MNS... I'll try not to let it happen again. :lol:

I saw parts of the first Calgary/Lightning game... I was over at someone's house and they were all watching the Timberwolves. Basketball. Is that even a sport? :sad:

Anyway, I didn't see enough to pass judgment, but that shot off the inside of the post was just tough luck. From what I saw, it was pretty decent hockey. I just hope the Lightning can win the next couple.

Elizabeth

It's too bad that people won't be watching this series on TV. It should be a good one. I love the fact that the two regular season goal scorering leaders are going at it (Iginila vs. St. Louis). Also good to see Iginila getting more press. I think he's one of those players that the NHL really needs to market.