SiouxSports.com Forum

This is Boring

jk

I'm suffering from withdrawal. These off-season discussions of the national anthem and dogs in suites are killing me. I guess I'll just have to live with it, but when you're used to checking in to the boards regularly, and there's nothing there, it takes a little while to adjust. It seems too early to talk about next year, especially since we don't know who will be back, so I guess we wait for some recruiting news to filter out.

Maybe this is a good time to thank the folks behind SiouxSports for providing this great forum for us. And thank the Sioux hockey team for a fabulous year - because it was fabulous, with a lot of great moments.

Hey at least during the off season there's always NHL 2004 to play on whatever kind of system you use to play video games. I bought NHL 95 for Super Nintendo this weekend. That thing is almost like 10 years old.......

Good idea, I have NHL 2004 and it is awesome. Also there is some great NHL playoffs taking place as we speak. Boston just scored with 30 seconds left in the third period to send game 4 to overtime.

Sorry Sicatoka but you should read the dates more closely, the water polo signing period started a couple of months ago. :D

jk, how's this?

Should be a good season next year. Here's our incoming recruits:

Lammy - USHL Goaltender of the year

Radke - Top Defenceman in the AJHL

Zajac - MVP of the BCHL (interior division)

Spirko - skilled forward in the mold of Davey Hoogsteen (11th in the USHL in scoring and tailed off last 1/3rd of the year. But scored more goals per game played than anyone else.)

Rylan Kaip - McMahon/Porter type?

You hate to lose guys like Parise. But every year I get excited to see the new guys coming in. This class looks like it should contribute.

We should get consistent and solid goaltending next year.

We should continue to have a solid offence. We lose Lundbohm, Hale, Palmo and Parise (knock on wood). Bringing in Radke (offensive D), Zajac, Spirko and Kaip we should, repeat should, be able to replace if not deepen our offensive capability.

Our Defense should be even better with Bina and Smaby having a year of exp.

We might lose the intangible leadership of Parise. On the other hand, we might pick up a team where more guys feel they need to step up and carry the load.

Should be a fun year. The team (at this point in time) appears to be a contender again.

Also there is some great NHL playoffs taking place as we speak.  Boston just scored with 30 seconds left in the third period to send game 4 to overtime.

I couldn't believe it. The ref was right there and said "no goal" until 10 seconds later when the puck got iced. They decided to review it and it was a goal.

It was an awesome game.....too bad I fell asleep before it was over.

Hey at least during the off season there's always NHL 2004 to play on whatever kind of system you use to play video games. I bought NHL 95 for Super Nintendo this weekend. That thing is almost like 10 years old.......

Ya gotta go with NHL 94. Was just playing it this weekend. Was also playing some Ice Hockey on original Nintendo. Forgot how weird the controls were for that one. Two buttons. How'd we ever play with only two buttons?

we could always start talking about goon's golf season! :D

WPoS

You won't have much to talk about, my golf game is less than stellar and I spend all day in the woods. I don't think I have to worry about fixing a diviot because there ussually isn't much grass in the places I end up.

You won't have much to talk about, my golf game is less than stellar and I spend all day in the woods. I don't think I have to worry about fixing a diviot because there ussually isn't much grass in the places I end up.

Hey, sounds like my game...it's gotten to the point where I actually aim for the sand trap, because I hit the ball much better out of a bunker than trying to chip it onto the green.