SiouxSports.com Forum

Pets at the REA?

cfm567b27

Anyone happen to catch the Alumni Review magazine photo in this quarter's edition of O'Keefe with his DOG in one of the REA clubs? I didn't realize the REA admitted pets. Wondering if I should bring my dog along for the Gophers series next year :sad:

What the heck is up with that? Talk about tacky.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like ol' cfm345nb435 is about to go off the deep end and ala Michael Douglas in "Falling Down!" :sad:

How so? This is a message board isn't it? Pretty funny...Bringing pets into a building is about as popular as someone next to you at Dagwoods lighting one up. I don't believe O'Keefe is blind and that was his seeing eye dog?

I received the issue also, the same day I posted about O'Keefe eating crow, the issue reminded me of what he said. The picture reminded me of how in the past a great General or Leader would have their portrait painted with their hunting dog. O' Keefe seems to be extremely arrogant and the picture didn't surprise me. Maybe I'm reading into it too much...

I received the issue also, the same day I posted about O'Keefe eating crow, the issue reminded me of what he said. The picture reminded me of how in the past a great General or Leader would have their portrait painted with their hunting dog. O' Keefe seems to be extremely arrogant and the picture didn't surprise me. Maybe I'm reading into it too much...

No....You aren't. I think you are right on with that comment. I was thinking the same thing myself! Thanks for posting it though.

I'm going to start counting the self promotion photos in that Alumni Review. Seems to me its the same 4 or 5 people that have multiple pictures of themselves in various locales. I think this would be about the fifth time I have seen O'Keefe with his mutt. An Alumni magazine should feature ALUMNI....not alumni administration.

O' Keefe seems to be extremely arrogant and the picture didn't surprise me. Maybe I'm reading into it too much...

tim o'keefe is not a arrogant person at all. one of the most interesting personalities to sit down with and talk UND or anything actually. i would not look to far into the alumni pics to determine how he is as a person. not lashing at you at all about this because we all are allowed to have our own opinions but just giving you some info... go sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Keefe had his dog in REA...STOP THE PRESSES!!! ???

Whoop de doooo :sad:

Exactly. And although I no longer have the issue, I don't believe a game was being played at the time the picture was taken. I wonder how many other terrible and rotten things have happened in there when no events/activities are taking place? :0

Besides, doesn't the dog belong to his daughter, Katie? If so, then that alone makes it all right!!!

Unless the dog crapped directly on your seat and then O'Keefe rubbed it into thte seat, WHO THE HELL CARES? It is a freaking picture of a bald dork with his dog. What does it matter if freaking REA allows pets or not.

What next? Are you gonna complain if you find a picture of O'Keefe at McDonalds eating a cheeseburger despite the fact that he is clearing not wearing any shoes? That would be equally tragic. You aren't allowed to enter restaurants if you aren't wearing a shirt or shoes, you know.

What next? Are you gonna complain if you find a picture of O'Keefe at McDonalds eating a cheeseburger despite the fact that he is clearing not wearing any shoes? That would be equally tragic. You aren't allowed to enter restaurants if you aren't wearing a shirt or shoes, you know.

That would be alright as well, since if it was in Grand Forks, it would be a McDonald's owned by someone in his family. :sad: You should have said Wendy's or Hardee's.

Unless the dog crapped directly on your seat and then O'Keefe rubbed it into thte seat, WHO THE HELL CARES? It is a freaking picture of a bald dork with his dog. What does it matter if freaking REA allows pets or not.

:sad:

Since Tim became Executive VP of the UND Alumni Association and Foundation, his "intro piece" in the Alumni Review magazine has normally included a picture of he and Riley, his daughter Katie's dog, in it with them somewhere on the UND campus.

Since Tim became Executive VP of the UND Alumni Association and Foundation, his "intro piece" in the Alumni Review magazine has normally included a picture of he and Riley, his daughter Katie's dog, in it with them somewhere on the UND campus.

This was the first one I have seen in a building on campus.

Picture of Riley in a building or any dog in a building?

I've seen non-guide dogs in UND buildings. Of course, they weren't leashed and who knows how they got in there. (I believe 'street mutt found an open door' would be an accurate description.)

tim o'keefe is not a arrogant person at all. one of the most interesting personalities to sit down with and talk UND or anything actually. i would not look to far into the alumni pics to determine how he is as a person. not lashing at you at all about this because we all are allowed to have our own opinions but just giving you some info... go sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I know Tim O'keefe and he is a personable nice guy, not arrogant in any way as far as I am concerned. Tim is a UND grad/alumni as well as an old ex-UND hockey player. I don't think you will meet a more dedicated UND fan/pro-ponent.

So I would agree with AZ-Sioux. Lets cut Tim some slack.

Not an issue of Tim being on ok guy...I'm sure he is - in fact I don't doubt it. Just poor judgement and can be construed as arrogant (rules don't apply to me type thinking) IMO brining his dog into the Ralph.

It. Was. For. A. Picture. Believe it or not, sometimes places like REA make an exception in their policies in situations like this...my guess is that is what happened and I still don't see why you are making a big deal out of this. As you have yet to answer this question.... :D