SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-4) vs NDSU (3-5) 12/9 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We have really good slashing pgs and an undersized big and a bunch of stiffs.

Crandall and Stewart are phenomenal at this level.  But we need more muscle inside besides Avant.  Next year Jal is aboard, but Jones doesnt seem to emphasize forward or center play.

5 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Crandall and Stewart are phenomenal at this level.  But we need more muscle inside besides Avant.  Next year Jal is aboard, but Jones doesnt seem to emphasize forward or center play.

We need 3 guys 6-9 or above that can contest shots and rebound and 2 guys who are knockdown shooters from 3.

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They are getting wide open 3's  

Are we sure UND woke up for this one

Get it together!

TO UND

11-0 Bison

How could UND come out to start the game in a coma?  Standing around on defense, minimal hustle, ...And that 11-0 NDSU run to start the game is what sealed the win.  Came close but never could quite get over that hump.   

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

NdSU shot 59% from the field  and that includes 3's.  UND needs more depath on the inside.  Can't expact Avant's to do everything.

Defense was horseshit. Many of those 3's taken and made by NDSU were uncontested. Additionally, many offensive rebounds by NDSU.

I'll say the ol' boring line that is, though, the solution: UND needs to play way cleaner defense. Way cleaner. UND's defense was bad. I'll give NDSU credit for hitting big shots, but UND was equally poor on the defensive end.

Second game I've been to this year along with the Utah Valley game.  Seems to me that this year's team is the same as every other version of the past 12 teams, which is a bunch of street ballers.  The M.O. seems to be the same as it always is: stick 4 or 5 of the best athletes on the team on the floor at the same time, let them run & gun, and hope for the best.  Problem is that this season we don't have a player like Hooker that come overcome the discombobulation that surrounded him on the floor.

It was very easy to see which team had the more talented players overall last night, it wasn't even close.  The difference was that NDSU seems to have an identity and a goal with what they want to accomplish at each end of the court.  

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Can anyone on our roster shoot the 3? Anyone? 

I heard the Moody kid can shoot it. I've also seen it first hand. Oh wait........he's just a ND kid and not a metro city baller.