SiouxSports.com Forum

MATT GREEN

johnsowe

Matt Greene Signs with Oilers today

Matt Greene, a very good defensive positioning and very physical Defenseman, signed with the Oilers today. GM Kevin Lowe said Greene will join the team today and suit up for the Oilers final game on Saturday. The Oilers are two points ahead of Nashville for the final playoff spot, but have played two more games. Lowe said he is anticipating a playoff run and Greene will provide much needed relief to the Oiler's beat up defensive core.

Matt Greene, a very good defensive positioning and very physical Defenseman, signed with the Oilers today. GM Kevin Lowe said Greene will join the team today and suit up for the Oilers final game on Saturday. The Oilers are two points ahead of Nashville for the final playoff spot, but have played two more games. Lowe said he is anticipating a playoff run and Greene will provide much needed relief to the Oiler's beat up defensive core.

Shouldn't that have said " clueless, sucky, beat up defensive core"?

I love the day after March 31. ;)

It looks like an official release, but since it is April Fool's Day I am hopeful you can provide a source or a link.

Despite Radke coming in, Greene's departure is terrible news, if true, and could have a more profound impact than Parise leaving.

Matt Greene, a very good defensive positioning and very physical Defenseman, signed with the Oilers today. GM Kevin Lowe said Greene will join the team today and suit up for the Oilers final game on Saturday.  The Oilers are two points ahead of Nashville for the final playoff spot, but have played two more games.  Lowe said he is anticipating a playoff run and Greene will provide much needed relief to the Oiler's beat up defensive core.

What is your source? ;)

It looks like an official release, but since it is April Fool's Day I am hopeful you can provide a source or a link.

Despite Radke coming in, Greene's departure is terrible news, if true, and could have a more profound impact than Parise leaving.

It sounds like an official press release? I should drop out of law school and go into mass comm. I was bored in class this morning, after the professor played an April Fools joke on us I thought it would be funny. I guess I forgot to check back and put April Fools ;) Well, April Fools :p

Come on people. Read. Breathe. Think.

I put in not one but two ways, each within two posts, of that "press release" to let you know it was an April Fools Day joke.

I mean, I saw through 'jloos' immediately.

Plus, I'd be embarrassed if that was a real press release. Nothin' personal, jloos. (I have a pro, PCM, do all mine. ;) )

The funny part is the people getting up set about it. Of course it was an April Fool's joke. Do not take anything seriously today, everyone should have learned that a long time ago. April Fool's has almost been over done, kinda like Zach Parise and Pat Burns appearing on XL 93 this morning! Like we did not realize that it was all a prank! (But that did not stop at least one person from calling in)

This may be nothing more than rumor but sources close to Minnesota say Vanek will likely be history too. Not because he has a contract looming with Buffalo, but rather due to his frustration towards Lucia and the way he's been riding him for his laziness. It's also rumored that he's no longer attending classes. That coupled with his playing for Austria in the World Championships next week, look for headlines of his early departure sometime this summer.