SiouxSports.com Forum

MATT GREEN

johnsowe

I admit that for the first 5 seconds, I was thinking we lost another one, but then I remembered April Fool's Day and when I read it again, I realized a real press release wouldn't' sound like that anyway. You obviously got a lot of people jloos. Those who are really upset about it, you should have been expecting a joke today. I don't think you have anything to worry about, Blais doesn't think he is going anywhere and no one is really speculating it. I'm sure he'll stick around another year at least.

"A very good defensive positioning ... Defenseman"? The worst p.r. flack in the world couldn't have written something that bad. It had to be an April Fools joke all along.

Not funny. Stick to doing work in class, not posting BS.

I got the quote from the hockey's future site, I agree it sounds pretty dumb. ;)

Writing and talking BS is all they teach lawyers to do. :p

It would have been nice to have Parise show up today with a big grin saying, "April Fool's. I'm staying with the Sioux one more year." That would have made a lot of people very angry with him for all of their upset this past week, but very happy that he was staying.

Wish I could have heard the radio one this morning.

Virg's article suggests Matt is staying at UND for now.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforkshe...rts/8335329.htm

On Wednesday, UND sophomore defenseman Matt Greene walked into the office of Sioux coach Dean Blais and delivered the news. "I have no problem staying here," Greene said. "I am in no hurry to leave."

------------------------------

My opinion: It's nice to hear that Matt will be happy to stay at UND if the Oilers don't want him yet. If the Oilers decide at some point between now and September that they do want him, then I expect that he will do the right thing and take the next step.

Word in the Fargo legal community is you have been blacklisted. Good luck finding work when you graduate. ;););)

When I graduate, I can't find a job for the summer :( Blacklisted, eh? That explains everything, I call about a job and they hang up on me as soon as I mention my name. :p You tell a few people your professional ambition is to be like Lionel Hutz and all of a sudden your blacklisted. :D

Hey Schmidtdoggydog you said the FARGO legal community - isn't your office in Moorhead? Do you have any job openings? :D