SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD @ UM 1:00 Eastern Time

U2Bad1

I don't know what bothers me more... the fact that my two faavorite teams have both been eliminated in the last 24 hours, or the fact that some of you guys act as if a Gopher loss gives you as much satisfaction as a Sioux victory. That attitude almost makes me understand why some of their fans hate us as much as they do. I just have to know if those of you who hate the Gophers hockey team also hate their football and basketball teams.

Anti-Gopher all the way; guess you'll have to live with it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what bothers me more... the fact that my two faavorite teams have both been eliminated in the last 24 hours, or the fact that some of you guys act as if a Gopher loss gives you as much satisfaction as a Sioux victory. That attitude almost makes me understand why some of their fans hate us as much as they do. I just have to know if those of you who hate the Gophers hockey team also hate their football and basketball teams.

Hey Dave...why don't you go read some of the threads on POI....Yeah you are damn right..I love seeing the Gophers lose...Not as much as a Sioux win but damn close.

This is hockey, not basketball and football. Plus, the Gopher basketball and football teams are nothing to cheer for anyways.

Watching the gophers lose doesn't make up for watching the Sioux lose, but it certainly helps the healing process.

Tough loss for the Gophers, I can admit that their ability to turn it on in the playoffs has impresed me. Looks like they ran into a hot goalie and a hungry UMD team.

Well derserved win for the Dogs, again, good luck in Boston!

Anti-Gophers ACROSS the board. I don't like the Gophers, the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities or anything affilaited with either of them. Besides the fact that between such a HUGE rivalry, of course seeing your rival lose is almost as good as seeing your own team win.

At this point, anyway, it's all relative... Because we didn't see OUR team win, what was the next best thing? Take it for what it's worth.

Thank you Jesus....I mean Scottie! If it can't be us, there is not any other team than the Dogs better to represent the WCHA!

As far as the earlier gopher hating comment...oh that's right, gotta keep my mouth shut! lol But really, isn't it a no brainer how we feel? Can't believe they continue to ask...some people love rejection!

That attitude almost makes me understand why some of their fans hate us as much as they do. I just have to know if those of you who hate the Gophers hockey team also hate their football and basketball teams.

I may not be the right one to answer, since I don't hate the Gophers, but I do cheer against the Gophers winning the NCAA hockey tournament. I don't want UMN/UW to win simply because I enjoy the Sioux leading the national championship count. I'm happy to see UMD/Denver advance because I'll be able to cheer for the WCHA in Boston with no mixed feelings.

There's a bit of a chicken and egg thing here -- could it be that a lot of the Sioux fans take pleasure in seeing Minnesota lose BECAUSE some of their fans hate us as much as they do?

Congrats UMN on a good effort -- it's a shame that the new tourney structure and WCHA success forced these intraconference matchups before the Frozen Four. I would've enjoyed a Sioux/Gopher game there.

Congratulations to Sandelin and the Dogs. The Dogs have worked their way into 2nd place in my heart the last couple of years because of Sandelin's connection to UND and because they have a good, hardworking team. That, and well, Duluth's just a cool town.

Congratulations to Sandelin and the Dogs. The Dogs have worked their way into 2nd place in my heart the last couple of years because of Sandelin's connection to UND and because they have a good, hardworking team. That, and well, Duluth's just a cool town.

Rock on Dagies! The Sioux fans have been great, both at the FF at the X, and online.

Next year I will be road trippin to REA for the first time when tDogs play there. I am anxious to check out your new arena.

Obviously you've never been to poi.

Damn and the Sioux whipped you guys 5 times this year. Whats up with that? Anyway....Go Dogs!

I was looking forward to having a sixth shot at you guys! The way our teams were playing, it would have been a he\_\_ of a game!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:0;):angry::(:0;);):D:D:D

tDogs get the last word this year!!!!!!!

I hope your team has the bar raised a little higher than you. :) The team with the last word will be the team left standing on April 10th.

The Gophers have basketball and football teams??

Obviously you've never been to poi.

If you base your respect for a program and/or its fans by postings on an anonymous internet bulletin board, you have some other problems.

That said, congrats to Scotty's Dogz on a great rebirth of the UMD program, and congrats to Minnie for a helluva run the past few weeks.

If you base your respect for a program and/or its fans by postings on an anonymous internet bulletin board, you have some other problems.

It's not the program or team I have a problem with.

It is definately the fans. It's been this way since I can remember. But that only goes back to the early 70's.

Tit-for-Tat. You suck. No, you suck more.

Yes, it does get carried away more on an internet site. But you have to admit, it does get rid of a little steam before the fans meet face to face.

On the plus side. You develope SOME friendships with the enemy more since the invention of the message board.

Good Luck Dogs.

Keep it in the "W"