SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU schedule

mustangfan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and don't bring up that softball and wrestling crap...there are more people at Mcdonalds on $1 Fillet o fish Friday than there have ever been at a wrestling match or softball game...again...

I can't beleive I am responding to this but, I don't think over 15k (the attendance for a Gopher-Hawkeye dual meet) have been at a Fillet of Fish Friday. The NCAA championships also routine sell out the Savvis Center (where the St. Louis Blues play). Obviousy it is not a "big-money" sport. But people do watch it.

Also, Central Washington lost to an NAIA school last year. :)

Also, Central Washington lost to an NAIA school last year. :)

Big Whoopee-Freaken Dooey!! Its Central Washington! They don't exactly come from a powerhouse conferance. In fact, the GNAC isn't even recognized by the NCAA as a conferance because its only four teams. When was the last time any team from the GNAC has even made the playoffs?? ;):D:p

Big Whoopee-Freaken Dooey!! Its Central Washington! They don't exactly come from a powerhouse conferance. In fact, the GNAC isn't even recognized by the NCAA as a conferance because its only four teams. When was the last time any team from the GNAC has even made the playoffs?? :p;)???

They made the playoffs in 02, not too long ago, also beating UND 43-7 that year :) The point I am trying to make is that there is not that big of a difference between lower d2 teams and NAIA, especially in states like Montana where there is no D2 schools for players to go to if they can't (or don't want to) play IAA. Kind of like how there isn't that much difference between the top-tier D2 schools in states which don't have IAA programs (ND, MI) and some IAA schools ???:p

Somebody clue me in - is this a Bison Forum or a Sioux Forum? I would have thought that the elite Bison crowd would have found a D-1 board to talk their smack. I say let them go D-1 and play whoever the heck they want to play - I just really don't want to hear about it. It is very clear that the bisssson need to feel that their D-1 choice now puts them on the map. Bottom line is that there is only one D-1 school in North Dakota and that is all that really matters.

Thanks for letting me know that. How many D-1 champinonship banners have the piss-ons, I mean bison hung? I believe we have at least one or two more than that. Maybe seven to be precise. Does not sound like a D-2 school to me, you piss ant!

According to that logic, UA Fairbanks is a championship D1 school too! They're national champions is riflery.

NDSU won't ever be hanging a D1 football banner because there is no D1 football. There is, however, D1A and D1AA.

According to that logic, UA Fairbanks is a championship D1 school too! They're national champions is riflery.

NDSU won't ever be hanging a D1 football banner because there is no D1 football. There is, however, D1A and D1AA.

Actually, NCAA riflery is an all-division sport, just like water polo and men's volleyball. Also, even if you win a title in that second-rate, not so far from D2 version of D1 football (D1AA), you will be doing it at the expense of the rest of your athletic program

and although they say DIVISION I - it's the MINOR LEAGUE VERSION!...(i-aa)...kind of like saying we're in the NFL (wait - okay, it's the arena league of Division I - BUT WE'RE STILL DIVISION I....right?? guys??? back me up here?:D) C'mon...MONTANA TECH is coming to town and we gotta get ready....

and although they say DIVISION I - it's the MINOR LEAGUE VERSION!...(i-aa)...kind of like saying we're in the NFL (wait - okay, it's the arena league of Division I - BUT WE'RE STILL DIVISION I....right?? guys??? back me up here?:D) C'mon...MONTANA TECH is coming to town and we gotta get ready....

The better analogy would be: In the NFL, .... NFL Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed on my favorite fantasy (island) board that the Endangered species (Bison)

are excited about the possibility of playing Drake. One only needs to remember that the powerful Morningside Maroon Chiefs used to open with them and even beat them. (yes they were D1AA then) Between the excitement of playing half their games on the West Coast and playing BCS powers like Drake and Valpo, not to mention that MIT of the west Montana Tech, I can't wait ...I really can't wait.

I noticed on my favorite fantasy (island) board that the Endangered species (Bison)

are excited about the possibility of playing Drake. ... powers like Drake and Valpo, ...

Drake and Valpariso?

In the 2002-2003 academic year, UND averaged more fans per home game than either Valpo or Drake did per home football game.

Now, let me finish that sentence:

In the 2002-2003 academic year, UND womens basketball averaged more fans per home game than either Valpo or Drake did per home football game.

First, if you are worried about NDSU's schedule being too weak, get off your duff and start trying to get Thomas to start working to change DII's stupid strength of schedule index so he no longer has an excuse for not scheduling NDSU. An NDSU-UND game strengthens both our schedules.

Second, far as I know Drake played Morningside four times and never lost.

If all you're doing is laying on some smack, that's fine. NDSU's 2004 schedule is weak? Compared to who's schedule? Certainly not UND's. There are at least three teams on NDSU's schedule that would walk through UND's schedule undefeated: Northern Colorado, UC Davis, and Cal Poly. Northwest State, Weber State, and Nicholls State might lose one game, but would have a very good shot at running the schedule too. Anybody on UND's schedule have the remotest chance of running through NDSU's schedule undefeated? Didn't think so.

IMO there are 2 divisions for college football. DI-A and not DI-A. Don't tell me you are a DI program until you are playing in front of 50,000+ fans like your Notre Dame's, Michigans and FSU. There is no major difference between DI-AA and DII, other than you have to bring all other sports up to DI to play a NON DI-A league in football. So win the NC in baseball, basketball or whatever DI sport, then let me know.

There is the top and everything else in college sports. DI hockey is the top division, DI-AA football is NOT. Therefore DI-AA, DI-AAA, DI-A 2.0 or whatever the hell you want to call it is not DI-A, which is the top division in football.

In the real scheme of things no one outside of the schools and local communities competing care about a DI-AA or DII national Championship. Hense no one outside of NDSU will care even if they win the DI-AA title, which they won't win anyway. If all you NDSU fans want some respect, go DI-A in football or shut it. Don't CARE. Seriously we don't care about DI-AA.