SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Trip to the Big Apple

hky

10 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

Loving the New Haven shout out. Wholeheartedly agree, Pepe's is terrific. Plus you get to see Grand Central, which is iconic.

This is so funny.  True, too. Times Square as a whole isn't great unless its New Years Eve.  So touristy. 

I once traded a Yale fan one of our lord Vader jerseys (all black nike) for 3 Pepe's 

13 hours ago, Bob in Wisconsin said:

My kids and I actually like Times Square, but yeah, they know to stay away from the characters.  Some of the costumes are actually pretty good, there are a couple of Spider-Man's that actually climb street lights, etc, but some also look like they got their costumes from the dollar store.  And if you don't leave a tip, often other nearby characters will join in the harassment, almost like they are in a union, Charecters Local 311.  There are also toppless women with body paint walking around doing the same picture taking scam (much to the enjoyment of my son) and its legal.  Although now that Toys 'R Us is closed, TS is not as much as a destination for kids.  We hope to be there Saturday night, but we are flying out Sat morning standby (non-revenue) and there's only a few seats left.  Fingers crossed.

My parents flew confirmed instead of trying standby. 

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Alumni party at heartland brewery already has lots Sioux fans but very segmented place. Also most people that may have got a table reservation won't be able to see a tv. Were they going to show football game? 

It sounded like there was two alumni parties and the less official one, the one not at the empire guarantees to have the football game on tv. Can't remember where it was though.

Was it the Beer Authority?

On yeah read it on brads travel blog 

The UND Alumni Association, figuring that the pregame party planned for Heartland Brewery at the Empire State Building might be full, has also partnered with Beer Authority for a second UND fan pregame location.

Beer Authority, located about six or seven blocks north of Madison Square Garden, has promised to put the UND football game on at least one TV.