SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Tourney 2016

Smoggy

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Without knowing statistics, I'd say Ashley Bruggeman was our best player tonight. Merselli was off. Just some high expectations jitters, I hope. They should be better tomorrow. 

I was going to post all of this after going to the game tonight.  Bruggeman was hammering the ball and while Merselli was great at the net she struggled horribly in the back row costing us many points.

Idaho State came back from down 2-0 after UNC dominated them in the second set.  Sound familiar? Not sure what that coach screams at intermission, but it works.  Speaking of which Pryor had team go to locker room for break.  Before NAU game we were still staying on floor.  Was this the case against NAU and UNC?

1 hour ago, teamsioux said:

Moser was not at full speed either.  It looked like she jumped more tentative than normal.  I think outside of right knee was taped more than I remember.

Looked like she was using electrolysis before game as there was even more wrap than during the game.  But she must not be 100%.  Our libero Frase (?) had giant warming pack on her back during intermission. 

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Only 727 attendance.  The women's hockey game against the Gophers going on at the same time probably won't help matters tonight.

Isn't that a drop of about 2 or 3 hundred from regular season? Is the fact that everyone had to buy tickets (no champions club freebies) that big of a deal? Or was there something else in town that diverted some of the regulars?

2 minutes ago, Stromer said:

Isn't that a drop of about 2 or 3 hundred from regular season? Is the fact that everyone had to buy tickets (no champions club freebies) that big of a deal? Or was there something else in town that diverted some of the regulars?

Students had to pay as well,  although I don't know how much of the normal crowd is students