Saviano, Steve (University of New Ha) 94 31 61 624

Ballard, Keith (University of Minnes) 63 49 67 529

Pock, Thomas (University of Massac) 67 41 45 503

Voce, Tony (Boston College) 34 70 58 438

Denis, Yann (Brown University) 15 63 78 342

Slater, Jim (Michigan State Unive) 22 45 95 340

Edwardson, Derek (Miami of Ohio) 19 51 67 315

Voce, Tony (Boston College) 2 42 45 181

Didn't realize their was two Tony Voce's on BC. They still list ZP and BB as seniors. I hope these guys have no say in the actual awarding of the HB.

Lessard, Junior (University of Minnes) 153 37 98 974

Bochenski, Brandon (University of North) 62 188 49 923

Saviano, Steve (University of New Ha) 94 31 61 624

Ballard, Keith (University of Minnes) 63 49 67 529

Pock, Thomas (University of Massac) 67 41 45 503

Voce, Tony (Boston College) 34 70 58 438

Denis, Yann (Brown University) 15 63 78 342

Slater, Jim (Michigan State Unive) 22 45 95 340

Edwardson, Derek (Miami of Ohio) 19 51 67 315

Voce, Tony (Boston College) 2 42 45 181

I didn't know Lessard and Ballard both played for the Gophers. I thought it was just Ballard. Boy they should be favored to win the championship for the third straight year. Hahaha!

I didn't know Lessard and Ballard both played for the Gophers. I thought it was just Ballard. Boy they should be favored to win the championship for the third straight year. Hahaha!

You do realize it should say "University of Minnes(ota-Duluth)," don't you?

And it WOULD say that if the school field in the database was big enough.

Parise, Zach (University of North) 262 133 75 1784

Lessard, Junior (University of Minnes) 220 58 146 1420

Bochenski, Brandon (University of North) 102 266 67 1375

Saviano, Steve (University of New Ha) 119 42 87 808

Ballard, Keith (University of Minnes) 91 63 92 736

Pock, Thomas (University of Massac) 81 67 69 675

Voce, Tony (Boston College) 36 99 75 552

Slater, Jim (Michigan State Unive) 30 58 121 445

Edwardson, Derek (Miami of Ohio) 27 67 107 443

Denis, Yann (Brown University) 24 76 94 442

Voce, Tony (Boston College) 3 66 62 275

...and fan voting accounts for what? 1% of the voting? Too bad Lessard is going to win it instead of Parise or Bochenski :D

My votes went to the home team of Bo & Zach with a 3d choice going to Saviano. If Lessard continues to hold his slim scoring lead over Bochenski, then I can live with the Hobey going to Junior. At least that will mean that the choice came down solely to the numbers. A little short-sighted and overly simplistic as a voting strategy (fails to consider pt/gm) but at least it's objective, not political. Don Lucia, in my opinion, ought to have been stripped of his suffrage for his transgression in voting Miller over Panzer. Yep, still nursing that grudge. I'll take it to my grave, if I live that long!

Oh, ye, of the WCHA bias -- we'll only get two of the three finalists this year, and will not get the winner.

Very deserving Finalists -- ZPar and Lessard

Winner -- Saviano of UNH. Saviano is the perfect COLLEGE player and Hobey candidate-- relatively unheralded initially, he worked his way up to become POY in Hockey East. He's a senior, high in goals scored, plays both ends, team co-captain, sportsmanship award winner for Hockey East, and the local fan favorite.

Oh, ye, of the WCHA bias -- we'll only get two of the three finalists this year, and will not get the winner.

Winner -- Saviano of UNH. Saviano is the perfect COLLEGE player and Hobey candidate-- relatively unheralded initially, he worked his way up to become POY in Hockey East. He's a senior, high in goals scored, plays both ends, team co-captain, sportsmanship award winner for Hockey East, and the local fan favorite.

But, he has no penalty minutes...penalty minutes build character :lol:

I voted for Parise, Bochenski, and Lessard. I've seen most of the candidates play, those are the best three.

I voted for Connor, Murphy, and Jared Ross. :lol:

Anyone who doesn't have any penalty minutes does not play much defense. There is a difference between playing hard and being cheap, but in both cases you still end up with penalties if only a few.

Saviano is the perfect COLLEGE player and Hobey candidate-- relatively unheralded initially, he worked his way up to become POY in Hockey East. He's a senior, high in goals scored,  plays both ends, team co-captain, sportsmanship award winner for Hockey East, and the local fan favorite.

Wow! Saviano is a local fan favorite? All the other Hobey candidates should stop dreaming about the award right now. ;)

If being "relatively unheralded" is a qualification, then Zach Parise should forget about winning the Hobey. As college hockey players go, he's extremely heralded. I didn't know it was a disadvantage, but oh well...

The problem is, when you help Team USA win its first ever gold medal at the World Juniors, are named tournament MVP, get drafted number-one by the Stanley Cup champion New Jersey Devils and help your team win the WCHA championship, it's just so darn tough not to be heralded.

Zach should learn to follow Steve's example so that he can shed his much-heralded image. For example, the last time New Hampshire played two-time defending champion Minnesota, Steve had 0 goals and 0 assists. In stark contrast, Zach had 1 goal and 3 assists.

By having a hand in all four Sioux goals against the Gophers, that little bit of showboating probably cost Parise the Hobey. Perhaps he will atone for that mistake by scoring on his own team this weekend. We can only hope. :lol:;)

Winner -- Saviano of UNH. Saviano is the perfect COLLEGE player and Hobey candidate-- relatively unheralded initially, he worked his way up to become POY in Hockey East. He's a senior, high in goals scored,  plays both ends, team co-captain, sportsmanship award winner for Hockey East, and the local fan favorite.

Zach has no chance so I voted for Saviano, Voce and Ballard. I didn't want my vote to go to waste! :lol:

Zach has no chance so I voted for Saviano, Voce and Ballard. I didn't want my vote to go to waste! :lol:

Great! The campaign to make Zach less heralded must be working. Now if we could just get the Grand Forks newspaper to change its name... ;)

Interesting. The exact same thing could be said for Lessard of tUMD. The only difference is that /WCHA IS A BETTER CONFERENCE THAN HEA/.

ZPar to win the Hobey, but if not a Sioux, it damn well better be Lessard.

Now settle down, guys. I didn't say that the WCHA isn't the strongest league. I didn't say that Zach Parise isn't the best college player. But let's face it, the Hobey is a bit of a popularity contest, isn't it? And the voters take a broader perspective than we midwesterners, who spent most of the year ignoring the likes of Hockey East and the ECAC, while touting Parise/Bochenski over Vanek/Lissard or whatever, and obsessing on the Sioux vs. Gophers rivalry. Don't be surprised if the kid from UNH (with all of one penalty now, not zero!) seems to fit the bill for the selectors.

Now settle down, guys. I didn't say that the WCHA isn't the strongest league. I didn't say that Zach Parise isn't the best college player. But let's face it, the Hobey is a bit of a popularity contest, isn't it? And the voters take a broader perspective than we midwesterners, who spent most of the year ignoring the likes of Hockey East and the ECAC, while touting Parise/Bochenski over Vanek/Lissard or whatever, and obsessing on the Sioux vs. Gophers rivalry. Don't be surprised if the kid from UNH (with all of one penalty now, not zero!) seems to fit the bill for the selectors.

Well, gee...your no fun ;)

And I heard Shepherd was doing the game...so whether or not it was really a penalty is in question ;):lol:

Actually, Hockey East is the only conference that gets any media attention due to location. You are right. It is a popularity contest. Which means that Bochenski has no chance because he's just some dude out west. Parise is only in the running because of this WJC performance. Saviano will probably get it if he is one of the three finalists because he's the only player from the east that those people have heard of. It's hard to be the most popular guy if no one sees you play regardless of how good you are.

So, I see your point in that regard. However, Lessard was a nobody just like Saviano and he came out of no where to lead the league. Saviano's penalty minutes (or lack thereof) is remarkable, true, but if we took away location and ratings, the award would have to go to Parise or Lessard.